2023 Prius Prime PHEV debuts with 220-hp engine and 40-mile EV range

I don't think there's a brand with more recalls than toyota. If so you could argue they want to make things right, but I wouldn't call it "right the first time".
I would rather own a vehicle by a company that actually does recalls, as opposed to those that should be doing them, but instead denies there's a problem...

They are finally delivering these things,
What’s funny is these cars basically have zero press, I didn’t even know they launched.

In effect it’s a Volt, I would rather this have gotten more efficient than last Gen but beggers can’t be choosy.

Toyo likely will only selll 20,000 a year so it will be a long time before I see one

Absurd price for a 4 seat, lightweight and compact eco-vehicle with limited rear seat headroom. Hope y'all got epic raises. Yes it is light, at less than 3200 pounds, you'd have to look long and hard to find a lighter weight car of similar size.

On a more serious note, at that price point, one is better off purchasing a Camry or Accord hybrid. A lot more capability.

Last edited:
I want one!!!
  • "hybrid reborn" concept: Gen 5 designed from scratch for a new era of PHEVs
  • 2.0 L engine
  • 220 hp (223 PS) combined power
  • 0–62 mph in 6.7 s
  • 13.6 kWh battery
  • improved battery power (that will hopefully let the defogger operate without ICE unlike in Gen 4)
  • battery mounted under rear seats
  • 40 mi EV range
  • wider
  • longer wheelbase
  • 19 in wheels with wider tires
  • Gen 2 TNGA platform
  • lowered center of gravity
  • more aerodynamic for more steering stability and less wind noise
  • improved handling
  • island architecture for cockpit design
HYBRID REBORN NEW PRIUS | トヨタ自動車WEBサイト

Hopefully I can trade in my 2021 Prius Prime Limited for a 2023 Prius Prime LTD, assuming my car payments would go down.

2023 Toyota Prius looks shockingly cool

Toyota unleashes radical redesign for sportier Prius hybrid | Automotive News

2023 Toyota Prius debuts in Europe as PHEV with 220 hp

2023-Prius-Prime-rear-full-07.jpg

2023-toyota-prius-japan-side-2-1668576156.jpg

2023-toyota-prius-japan-front-three-quarters-1668576156.jpg

2023-Prius_rear-quarter-passenger-moving-03.jpg

2023-Prius-Prime-plugged-in-passenger-side-02.jpg

prius-prime.jpg

prius-prime.jpg

2023-Prius_front-moving-02.jpg

2023-Prius_top-down-01.jpg

toyota-prius-2022.jpg

toyota-prius-2022.jpg

toyota-prius-2022.jpg

2023-Prius-Prime-inside-passengerr-side-04.jpg
Not that I'm buying one but from what I've read the yellow color won't be available in the USA. Canada and I think Mexico will get it. It looked more metallic and lighter in other photos. Why would Toyota not sell the yellow color here when just to It's not like emissions equipment or lighting regulations or separate certification to get the yellow. I saw this on the Alfa Romeo Giulia. Europe got a cranberryish color and a different green than the USA received.

Where are the guys in the Tesla thread that were telling us what a tremendous benefit the Toyota dealer networks add to the line?

It'd be great if you could get it for what you're supposed to be able to, but the car is a non compete with the ADM.

Love Toyota but their sales channel does everything in their power to drive me away as a client.

Back