2023 Prius Prime PHEV debuts with 220-hp engine and 40-mile EV range

The Prius grows up ... (y):love:
Unfortunately, quite the opposite. It has shrunk. Space in the rear is too small to fit an adult. Watch the TFL video. I'm 6'2" just like Roman, he looks like a circus bear in the rear seat. No head room and no leg room. What a shame.
The windshield is slopped too much.
I think that contributes to the tight interior space. Car looks hot from the outside but it's at the expense of interior room.

I really, really wanted to like this car :(. The specs are above expectations, looks well equipped, should be well built. I have been waiting for the reveal ever since I had rented the current gen Prius at the airport. I liked it a lot except it's total lack of performance. When I saw the 220hp figure on the new model, my heart rate jumped and then dropped when I saw the lack of interior space! Wish I could try it on for size.

Nah, the market has moved to CUV's.
Uber drivers, government fleets, cabbies(especially with the Nissan NV200, the basis of the NYC Taxi of the Future being a flop) are the reason why Toyota still builds the Prius. Last time I was in NYC, if you didn’t ping a Lyft or Uber, it was a Prius/Camry Hybrid/RAV4 Hybrid/HiHy/new Sienna in NYC yellow you’re gonna hail.

This thing looks like a love child between a Model 3 and a Corolla. It doesn’t look like a Ugg boot on wheels.

Side profile resembles a Lamborghini IMO YMMV
I like that. Here are the Lamborghini Huracán, 2023 Prius Prime, and Tesla Model 3.

image.jpg

2023-toyota-prius-japan-side-2-1668576156.jpg

tesla-model-3-red-side-view.jpg

The windshield is slopped too much.

That piece of glass had better be pretty close to optically perfect or it going to be like a funhouse looking through it.

its going to be expensive to replace if thats all the case, but in my experience the greater the slope the fewer the cracks and chips.

My worst vehicle being a honda element.

Toyota makes the best hybrids and has sooooo much experience under their belt. This car will be great; I'm sure owners will love 'em.
I wonder when the Lex version will pop up?

2019 Lexus UX 250h F-Sport.
180k miles accrued. M20A-FXS.

That's the way they've alway done it. See current NX & future Highlander, for example.

Unfortunately in Australia we don’t get Toyota phevs , were only just started getting other branded ones in recently in numbers though Mitsubishi Outlander phevs have been here but didn’t sell well initially , the new ones are going like hotcakes in comparison, which is why l don’t under Toyotas logic in not supplying us with their phev products

More details were provided at the LA Auto Show. Also play the video under "related media."

If all cars need to look the same to pass the pedestrian impact test. At least they should look nice.

Toyota makes the best hybrids and has sooooo much experience under their belt. This car will be great; I'm sure owners will love 'em.
I wonder when the Lex version will pop up?
And how would one know? Maybe you heard it through the grape vine from other readers of CR? Well here is part of Consumer Reports on the Prius, it doesnt get any better. In fact Im even shocked how good it is, amazing Toyota quality.
This is all I could fit on a screen shot but every category looks pretty much the same. With that said, every vehicle has plusses and minuses for the individual and Toyota no different or we would all drive the same vehicles. This is just a tiny sample of an incredible in depth report.
Owner satisfaction although very good is mostly above and way above average and only a few years one or two items might have been average. It's a small car and will have small car comfort. Fit finish and comfort only score a 3 out of 5 ... ect ect ... over and out... weekend is here!

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 10.25.46 AM.png

Last edited:
Back