2023 Prius Prime PHEV debuts with 220-hp engine and 40-mile EV range

I think I see solar panels on the mustard colored one.

I hope the headlights aren't awful, seems they styled around them a little heavily. By awful I mean a glary, point-source.

They got rid of the weird complex-curved rear glass from the current Prime. I'm always afraid of slamming the hatch on something square and breaking what must be an expensive part.

I'm disappointed that Toyota is moving away from their little nubby cruise control lever, using buttons instead. A lever is more "feelable" while keeping eyes on the road. My rental Camry was the same way.

My 2021 Prime is rated at 26 miles per charge. I can get 27 in good weather and 18 with the heat on and snow tires fitted. People will know exactly how far they get-- the car geeks out for you. It recharges in 2:20 with 220 Volts/ 16 Amps. It knows when its fuel is going stale and will burn it if needed.

And I got mine for ~$12k under MSRP, LOL.

I'm disappointed that Toyota is moving away from their little nubby cruise control lever, using buttons instead. A lever is more "feelable" while keeping eyes on the road. My rental Camry was the same way.

I think everyone is going button now and especially with adaptive cruise.

Side profile resembles...
1668647794724.jpg

Last edited:
You wouldn't want the gas to get stale anyway, or collect moisture.

Not sure about the Prius, but the Volt uses a pressurized fuel tank to prevent this. Positive pressure in the fuel tank prevents moisture from getting to the fuel, which keeps it fresh much longer.

I like it. But no matter what they're kind of an econo-box. I want something bigger and cushier.

I'm holding out for a Camry Prime.

Back