2023 Honda HR-V

One of my local dealers received a demo model so I went over there to test drive it. They had the middle Sport trim to check out. I was very impressed with it. I liked the exterior styling and the interior was really nice. I feel Honda took a page out of the Mazda playbook when it came to fit and finish. The HR-V Sport comes with heated seats, something the Civic Sport doesn’t get. The rear seats were comfortable because they are more of a reclined position then upright. The only negative for me is the drivetrain. The 2.0 at 160hp mated to a CVT makes it a dog off the line. When the car is rolling and you hit the gas pedal, the CVT is more responsive. Honda will sell a butt load of these and with the new CR-V coming, should be top sellers. The side profile reminds me of the Porsche Cayenne.

59F52BE7-C663-4C87-BF4F-5F13653C2DEC.jpeg
A97FCB2A-D05F-470A-BF66-BEF4E728CB75.jpeg
9BC05CEF-5C71-453A-9ED5-EF2C094793C3.jpeg
CD861B1E-CE97-4FE9-BDB9-746807078911.jpeg

One of my local dealers received a demo model so I went over there to test drive it. They had the middle Sport trim to check out. I was very impressed with it. I liked the exterior styling and the interior was really nice. I feel Honda took a page out of the Mazda playbook when it came to fit and finish. The HR-V Sport comes with heated seats, something the Civic Sport doesn’t get. The rear seats were comfortable because they are more of a reclined position then upright. The only negative for me is the drivetrain. The 2.0 at 160hp mated to a CVT makes it a dog off the line. When the car is rolling and you hit the gas pedal, the CVT is more responsive. Honda will sell a butt load of these and with the new CR-V coming, should be top sellers. The side profile reminds me of the Porsche Cayenne.

View attachment 106253View attachment 106254View attachment 106255View attachment 106256
No picture of the window sticker?

What they charging on Mark Up .
This dealer does MSRP but they has zero HR-V inventory. Most Honda dealers are going full retard when it comes to mark ups and way over priced accessories that they install on the car and won’t take off.

Existing thread:

They are building these cars for CAFE; Not for drivers. I'll pass on this one.

Honda just killed its Civic hatchback
I wouldn’t consider it a “hatchback” anyway. It’s a good car, but the way they designed it, I’d call it more of a “liftback”.
Trunk lid swoops downward at too low of an angle, hatchbacks are more upright. imo, it’s more practical when upright since you can haul more tall items.

The 2022 Civic hatch is less of the old Civic hatch like the EK or EG, and more of a 4-door Acura RSX or 90s Saab 9-3.

Nice looking design in and out. Quite a departure as it doesn't look like a Honda at all.
More at audi/porsche.

It is now off the junk FIT platform and on the new civic platform (CRV on the old civic platform)

But - not not so good at all fuel mileage of 25/30/27 mpg on the AWD version so why buy it?

Wife's Giant Subaru Outback AWD is EPA rated at 26/33/29 and she averages 35!
Plus the outback cost the same!

Nice vehicle, but priced out of its old segment.
Regardless, Honda dealers will sell tonnes

Last edited:
They all are! But they missed the target BIG TIME; it gets only fair gas mileage. The CRV gets better.

An example of a car-truck built for fleet CAFE is the the FORD Maverick @ 42/33/37
Maybe but Honda will sell a ton of these....

Back