2023 Honda HR-V

Surprise surprise, no one spotted or made a comment to the model yet :)

All I know, at one point last year, they were saying there is no HRV for North America; after '23 hybrid model for European markers I was thinking no more HRV for North America; little I have known this morning that Honda changed the course and decided to gave us an unique North America HRV model; one of the reasons I'd say, they changed the course due to high gasoline prices

I like the car, what's your take; also I see an Escape or an Audi influence, Alex even mentioned a Citroen cues

Enjoy

They should've just given us the European HR-V :rolleyes:

Of course, ours is bigger, and it is also the smallest car they sell here since we don't get the Fit anymore.

Nice Ford Escape

Does it ride as bad as the previous model years?
I have a 21 Honda Sport AWD and it does ride a little stiff... but so far I like it...I see the new HRV no longer has the Magic seat in the back...Thats too bad as it has come in very handy for me with tall objects in the back seat. I like the look of the 2023 model but would wait a year to get any new model bugs out of it...I wisg they would put in the 2.4 engine in the HRV. Had that in my 07 Accord and that was a great engine...

I am very happy to see a new HR-V however I DO NOT like the Escape looking grill as mentioned by others.
My wife has been wanting an HR-V since it arrived on our shores in 2016 even though it had been on sale since 2015 in other world markets.

We drove many, many HR-Vs since 2016-present and I just don't like them even as much as I tried to like it. I really wanted to like it but I found the HR-V to be a really cheap feeling, underpowered product. Not only do I fine the current(2016-22) HR-V to be a poor HONDA, it's a poor vehicle. But, so are most of the subcompact CUV. However they are getting better!

ATMOF until recently with some of the new offerings from other MFGs, I find/found the whole Subcompact CUV segment completely sub standard for the money that they command(with almost no dealing) and a compelling argument to just get the next segment up(the Compact CUV segment). Until COVID hit, you could actually get better deals on the larger "Compact" segment compared to the "Subcompact" segment, bringing the OTD cost much closer together while getting a better vehicle at the same time.

In todays pricing car market, who knows what deal one could get on anything right now?
I also wonder if ACURA will get its own version?

My family bought a lightly used 2018 HRV from me when I worked at a Honda dealership last year. It has been a rock solid little car since but I don't particularly like driving it because it is just too small of a vehicle for me to try to fit comfortably into.

I think this new model is a huge step up in many ways but is still lacking in some areas despite the improvements. I would still probably take one of these over many of its competitors, I'm just not a big fan of vehicles in the size class.

Reactions: hrv
From A pillar back, looks a lot like the Corolla Cross. I can’t tell what the front looks like, but it’s similar to something else. Not quite Ford Escape.

I wish they still made the Fit. I know the HRV was supposed to replace it, but how does one car replace another if it costs more.

Very much like the Corolla Cross but both Toyota and Honda are shooting themselves in the foot by not offering a hybrid version. As a example, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid is rated better in fuel economy than the Corolla Cross. In Honda’s case they offer the hybrid version everywhere else but here.

Very much like the Corolla Cross but both Toyota and Honda are shooting themselves in the foot by not offering a hybrid version. As a example, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid is rated better in fuel economy than the Corolla Cross. In Honda’s case they offer the hybrid version everywhere else but here.
Especially the Honda city hybrid. Costs just under 21k but it gets stellar mpg. I've seen them in person outside of the US and they're a tad larger than a mirage g4.

The fact that the mpg is worse is sad. I hope we get the hybrid.
I too am very disappointed in the fuel economy of the HR-V especially coming from HONDA. :mad:
My buddy's new 2022 AWD Equinox(which competes with the CR-V) is rated the same as the HR-V.
And the 2022 CR-V is slightly better still by EPA rating. Makes me wonder if the new 2023 CR-V will also get lower MPG compared to the 2022 because the hybrid model is available.

Last edited:
Don't care for that front end. Seems they could have done better with the grill. They will sell a ton of them of course.

Back