Honda HR-V vs Toyota Corolla Cross

Who is comparing the Lexus UX to the 2023 HR-V?
The point I am making is that, having much experience with UX, essentially a more refined version of Corolla Cross, and certainly more refined than the new and much improved HRV, I chose the Corolla Cross.

Of course we know how Honda builds for performance, let's say. And Toyota, especially with Corolla, builds for boring utility.

BTW Finkeljag, I loved the 2022 Honda Insight I drove for 27k miles. I hear what you are saying about 2023 HRV. But for me, other factors prevailed.

Make sure they fixed the rain water leaking problems that some of the older ones had. Step sons 2017 had leaking problems. Do the search for HR-V leaking. I'd really push for a huge long no leak warranty on any new car.

Nice, the old HRV was a steaming pile of dung. Our local dealer has about 10 on lot to get rid of :) however the 3 remakes all have sold stickers.

I know nothing of the Toyota version and it is definitely not very popular compared to the Honda HRV new and old locally.

The point I am making is that, having much experience with UX, essentially a more refined version of Corolla Cross, and certainly more refined than the new and much improved HRV, I chose the Corolla Cross.

Of course we know how Honda builds for performance, let's say. And Toyota, especially with Corolla, builds for boring utility.

BTW Finkeljag, I loved the 2022 Honda Insight I drove for 27k miles. I hear what you are saying about 2023 HRV. But for me, other factors prevailed.
I know the CC will be pretty much be bullet proof with it’s drivetrain. The 2022 HR-V is a turd. They should’ve never got rid of the Fit In their lineup. They’re getting rid of the Insight after this year. They’re suppose to have a Civic Hybrid next year.

Those prices are insane. You could buy a new Subaru Outback for much less. And get better Fuel mileage if more than 1/2 your driving is on the interstate.
I am glad I only paid $16,900 for a new AWD 2liter 6 speed auto 2020 Ford Ecosport made by Mahendra in India.

I didn't need the rear seat legroom so the Ecosport wasn't an issue. The dismal fuel mileage is not a plus though.

How do all y’all reconcile the Toyota “bullet proof drive train” comments with the oil burners and sluggers?
Because the oil burning really isn't a reliability issue. More of an "annoyance" issue.
In general I have noticed that Toyota mechanicals and wear items last far longer than Honda's. Their vehicles are also lower maintenance and their drivelines are more tolerate of lack of maintenance.

How do all y’all reconcile the Toyota “bullet proof drive train” comments with the oil burners and sluggers?
Change the oil every 5,000 miles per all of the new "the Car Care nut" youtube video threads.

or hope that Honda has figured out the oil dilution problem

Because the oil burning really isn't a reliability issue. More of an "annoyance" issue.
In general I have noticed that Toyota mechanicals and wear items last far longer than Honda's. Their vehicles are also lower maintenance and their drivelines are more tolerate of lack of maintenance.
That and those issues seemed to stop around 2010 or so? 2AZ-FE being a particularly bad one, following the 1ZZ-FE.

Got to agree on this one. By any chance do the fold into the dash or disappear some how?
My buddy's Q7's center screen can be hidden in the dash at a press of a button

message-editor%2F1524260566930-small-2017-audi-q7-1194.jpg

Between the two the new Honda HR-V looks way better.

The front end gives off vibes of an odd mash up of Escape and Mustang parts.

The first gen HR-V was a turd. Was with my aunt when she test drive one.

And when the new RAV4 just came out I had a brand new one as a rental. Worse interior quality than my 10 year old Ford😂

So I believe you on the Corolla Cross. In this case Honda seems like a clear winner.

That and those issues seemed to stop around 2010 or so? 2AZ-FE being a particularly bad one, following the 1ZZ-FE.
1zz's weren't that bad. Most of the issues were with the 98-02's, the number of oil consumption complaints with the 03-08's were far fewer.

The 10-14 Prius were pretty bad for oil consumption as well.

or hope that Honda has figured out the oil dilution problem
It doesn't seem to affect longevity though. One of my good friends has a 17 1.5T and she's at almost 100K with only 10-11K oil changes (per OLM) using M1 EP.

Sound deadening differences? Our CRV, as great of a utility vehicle as it is, is my least favorite on the highway. loud and roudy, with poor EPS feel on center.

Got to agree on this one. By any chance do the fold into the dash or disappear some how?
My 2016 Audi A3 had a retractable screen. I only had the car for one year but I can see it as a common broken part years down the road.

ECBDDAC2-7BE8-4CA4-9AA7-91701E92AA93.jpeg

Back