Interior Style 9 out of 10
————————————
CX-5:
Driver Seat…6 out of 10
Ride Quality…6 out of 10
Steering Feel…8 out of 10
Interior Materials…8 out of 10
Interior Style…9 out of 10

Keep in mind the this was only an hour with each vehicle and anything could change in a minute with more driving time. And exterior style is what it is and I’d pick the CX-5 with the CR-V just killing it in interior room.
Both are quieter than they used to be and I call it a draw. However, whatever sounds did penetrate the cabin we’re both different and certain frequency’s(or rumbles) bother me more in the Mazda.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pew
The CX5 almost has a 90 degree open rear door, probably closer to 85* but overall it opens way more than I thought it would.

My only real complaints on the CX5 is the seats, ride quality, and overly touchy steering. I like the interior and looks of the CX5 more though. How does the CRV compare to the CX5 in that aspect?
That's what I said too but the wife was stuck on the "omg, 90* open, yay for car seats and baby seats!" /grumble

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
CR-V:
Driver Seat…5 out of 10
Ride Quality…9 out of 10
Steering feel…7 out of 10
Interior Materials…7 out of 10
Interior Style 9 out of 10
————————————
CX-5:
Driver Seat…6 out of 10
Ride Quality…6 out of 10
Steering Feel…8 out of 10
Interior Materials…8 out of 10
Interior Style…9 out of 10

Keep in mind the this was only an hour with each vehicle and anything could change in a minute with more driving time. And exterior style is what it is and I’d pick the CX-5 with the CR-V just killing it in interior room.
Both are quieter than they used to be and I call it a draw. However, whatever sounds did penetrate the cabin we’re both different and certain frequency’s(or rumbles) bother me more in the Mazda.

interior.jpg

^^^I tested the new redesigned 2023 CR-V.
And the CR-V & the Rogue have the widest opening rear doors I’ve seen yet.
Keeping in mind, I haven’t looked at everything.

Last edited:
^^^I tested the new redesigned 2023 CR-V.
And the CR-V & the Rogue have the widest opening rear doors I’ve seen yet.
Keeping in mind, I haven’t looked at everything.
Yeah I was just using a historical perspective whilst at work. I didn’t get time to do a 2023 CRV.

tyman ^^^ (y)I understand perfectly!

My impression is just that, an impression. :eek: A look around the vehicles prior to test driving them and how they feel on the inside once I was seated. Then moving the seats for comfort, hopping in the rear behind myself and getting(once again) an impression of the interior space and/or how claustrophobic one feels in one vehicle compared to the other. Initial impression that we can only get when test-driving a vehicle for a short time w/o any actually measuring.

I always say, "Once I buy a vehicle, I'll tell 'ya how I like it next year". 🤷‍♂️ :D
I like to believe that my wife & I do one heck of a test-drive and look around when we're looking for new vehicles. We take our time and really get the vehicle that we want and nothing that we don't. Oh sure, sometimes we get a feature/option/option pkg that we couldn't care less about but that's not really what I mean.

Sadly, I forgot to mention another thing I DO NOT like about the new 2023 CR-V.
It's the rear seat recline. When pulling on the lever to recline the seat backs, the seat backs just fall back. There is NO spring load accompanied with them to help them to move more smoothly backward or upright again.

For example if you are sitting in the rear seats and you want to recline the seat back, you reach over your shoulder(outboard) and PULL UP on the lever. Trying to get the seat back to move just one or two clicks is just about impossible as they just fall under your own body weight. And if you want to move the seat backs forward again, I hope you have good abs(6 pk)... What a TERRIBLE DESIGN !

Back