2022 VW Taos reviewed by Motortrend

I hate this so much. "Let's take the Golf, Golf Sportwagen, and Alltrack away from USA and give them this turd sandwich instead!" -VW USA.

It's a cute little baby Atlas!

It'll sell well.

Perhaps if so many as vocal as you actually bought them.
You're not wrong.
I did my part in buying two MK7 golfs. Such a brilliant chassis but American's don't care. They want to buy SUVs and go to McDonalds instead of fun hatchbacks going to the canyon.

Last edited:
These companies push SUVs/CUVs because of one thing....high profit margins.
I say that it's really the consumer being led by the nose....

Wrong. If nobody was buying them they wouldn’t be made. It’s a popular segment right now and you have to consider consumer trends worldwide and not just the US.

All one has to do is look at the marketing push, since the mid 1990s, it is relentless. Didn't see that with the car segment did you?

The companies are leading the consumers... ;)

All one has to do is look at the marketing push, since the mid 1990s, it is relentless. Didn't see that with the car segment did you?

The companies are leading the consumers... ;)

I wasn’t aware of subcompact crossovers in the 90’s. Hatchbacks, yes.

Yes they pushed cars then too. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

I wasn’t aware of subcompact crossovers in the 90’s. Hatchbacks, yes.

Yes they pushed cars then too. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Not like they pushed crossovers or related SUVs.

Profit margin is everything in the US market.

I'd rather have the Golf. It looks like a decent offering. Less impressive is the new engine. A more complex turbocharger, higher fuel pressure but it delivers less than 10 more horsepower over the current 1.4 TSI. Hmmm.

I'd rather have the Golf. It looks like a decent offering. Less impressive is the new engine. A more complex turbocharger, higher fuel pressure but it delivers less than 10 more horsepower over the current 1.4 TSI. Hmmm.

I think the gas mileage is supposed to be quite a bit better though. That's what they were aiming for I believe.

I think the gas mileage is supposed to be quite a bit better though. That's what they were aiming for I believe.

Ok. The current 1.4 TSI delivers 30/40. I'm not sure potential reliability concerns warrant the bump in MPG. Of course, this is how you make progress. I won't be purchasing one until it's been out for a few years.

Back