VW is Nuts with TAOS Pricing!

As a former 2019 Jetta owner/lessee, and where the 4 door S transacts for under $19K USD regularly,
Asking $28K USD appears to be a MAJOR ripoff for a Mexican assembled, front wheel drive VW.
Essentially a jacked up Jetta wagon back.

Of course no one is twisting your arm to buy one.

follow link below:

What the heck has VW done with their logo? It's gone back to the stick people days.

Pricing is crazy right now. 12 to 18 months down the road there is going to be "cash on the hood" on many makes/models once supply and demand reaches an equilibrium.

The S looks to be reasonable here...

1627486322202.jpg

Attachments

• 1627486299525.jpg
    1627486299525.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 8
Comparing an S model vs SE?
SE Jettas run almost 25k and I bought my 2019 SE Jetta for $18,800. I bought my 2020 Atlas Cross Sport SE with tech, VR6 engine, tow package, mud flaps, cargo cover and all weather floor liners for just under 32k, right at 10k off sticker in Feb 2021.
The car market is way out of whack right now. The numbers don't make sense and I am thankful I dont need to buy a car right now. As a matter of fact me being retired and my wife getting a promotion and now working from home I'm mulling over getting rid of a vehicle or two. Lol. I've given my son the transit connect to help expand his roofing business and my daughter will graduate with her BSN in nursing soon and that will free up the Honda Civic when she gets out on her own. Pretty soon I won't need to park anything on the school parking lot next door 😊

You need to compare a Jetta S to a Taos S and it starts to make a lot more sense. They are not nuts just adding 2k premium for an SUV that may actually have more features. Guessing the $19k Jetta becomes nearly 21k with an automatic transmission which the Taos has.

1627487597508.png

You need to compare a Jetta S to a Taos S and it starts to make a lot more sense. They are not nuts just adding 2k premium for an SUV that may actually have more features. Guessing the $19k Jetta becomes nearly 21k with an automatic transmission which the Taos has.

View attachment 65197
Exactly the screenshot I was just going to post. The dealers are lying about the MSRP a instead of just adding a market inflation clause.

The Taos does come standard with tech features only found in the Jetta SEL so at that point you’re just paying for the CUV body.

but yes, I think 28k is pushing it for a Mexican built car. I’ve got nothing against Mexico but the 3 vin QC/material is just not up to par. Seen this first hand with Nissan and Toyota.

As a former 2019 Jetta owner/lessee, and where the 4 door S transacts for under $19K USD regularly,
Asking $28K USD appears to be a MAJOR ripoff for a Mexican assembled, front wheel drive VW.
Essentially a jacked up Jetta wagon back.

Of course no one is twisting your arm to buy one.

follow link below:

And people still buy Mexican made GTI's for more money.

The Taos does come standard with tech features only found in the Jetta SEL so at that point you’re just paying for the CUV body.

but yes, I think 28k is pushing it for a Mexican built car. I’ve got nothing against Mexico but the 3 vin QC/material is just not up to par. Seen this first hand with Nissan and Toyota.
The best screwed together modern vehicle I have owned was a Made in Mexico 2000 Ford Focus 3 door hatchback. At 54,000 miles when I traded it for an American made Honda Accord it was still a rattle free vehicle, the Honda was a rattletrap after month 1. Kept the Honda for only 3 years. Horrible car. Traded for a Tacoma in 2008 and drove it for 10 years.

The best screwed together modern vehicle I have owned was a Made in Mexico 2000 Ford Focus 3 door hatchback. At 54,000 miles when I traded it for an American made Honda Accord it was still a rattle free vehicle, the Honda was a rattletrap after month 1. Kept the Honda for only 3 years. Horrible car. Traded for a Tacoma in 2008 and drove it for 10 years.

My experience is the opposite. I know people who swear 3 vin cars are fine and I want to believe it but I just cannot. Nissan NV200 was creaking and falling apart by 6k miles. Kept it til 40k when the cvt started clunking. Sure that’s a Nissan issue but still doesn’t explain the missing body panel sealant, and heavy rust after 3 years(mind you I do wash the underbody quite frequently)
My 2018 Tacoma is a Texas built truck but every part that has failed since I had it(door panel, window switch, and tail gate hinge) all stamped with “made in Mexico”. It’s also the only rusty 3 year old Toyota I’ve seen. My friends 2008 Camry has less rust.

a lot of nice cars coming out of Mexico these days but I just cannot get myself to buy one. The best quality built cars I’ve owned (built, not designed lol) came out of Germany and Japan.

Believe it or not the mfg is responsible for the quality of the car, not the country.

Quality Iphones come out of China because the mfg has chosen to hold the supplier to a high standard.

If VW et al can't produce a quality car in mexico, it is largely their choice. JMO.

Back