2022 Tacoma 3.5L oil recommendations

The best oil is fresh oil.

I switched from Vavoline EP 0W20 to Valvoline EP 5W30 for my second oil change (5k mile OCI) on my 2022. The truck seems quieter/smoother, but I can't prove that the thicker oil visco caused this. Valvoline is supposed to help with the engine ticking noises from what I have read on Tundra/Tacoma forums.

OEM filters, and go ahead and put the metal oil filter housing on there while your at it.

At the end of the day, put whatever you want in it that makes you feel the best/within what the owners manual says.
It's a Toyota.

OP - You never told us your general location.

With how you've described your usage, climate would be the biggest factor in what I’d suggest running in your Taco.

OP - You never told us your general location.

With how you've described your usage, climate would be the biggest factor in what I’d suggest running in your Taco.
Kansas City, MO, 80 percent highway miles traveling the Midwest for work.

Kansas City, MO, 80 percent highway miles traveling the Midwest for work.
That’s an area of the country that gets a very wide range of temperatures.

Since 20 grade oil is suggested by the manufacturers for reasons of economy only, I’d go with a full-synthetic 5W-30.

Personally I like Mobil 1 Extended Performance. But there’s nothing wrong with other brands.

Your choice.

Which jug design do you like best?

The best oil is fresh oil.

I switched from Vavoline EP 0W20 to Valvoline EP 5W30 for my second oil change (5k mile OCI) on my 2022. The truck seems quieter/smoother, but I can't prove that the thicker oil visco caused this. Valvoline is supposed to help with the engine ticking noises from what I have read on Tundra/Tacoma forums.

OEM filters, and go ahead and put the metal oil filter housing on there while your at it.

At the end of the day, put whatever you want in it that makes you feel the best/within what the owners manual says.
It's a Toyota.
Unneeded and not recommended.

Unneeded and not recommended.
I can understand the unneeded part, but who/where has it been not recommended?

I think its a worthwhile upgrade if you plan on doing your own oil changes. The metal one has a forsure "stop" when you get to the end of the threads. Less risk of overtightening, cross threading, and cracking the housing.

Back