2022 Results of "Post your latest oil change" thread

Yes, it should. The elephant in the room is: Does Mobil really sell twice the amount of motor oils to Bittogers than Shell? The answer is no.
While we’re at it, we should move all the M1s that use GTL into the Shell column as well; I had a talk with an industry person and they said while there’s no real way to confirm because Shell is very shadowy on this, it’s likely all the GTL is from Pearl. 😂

Thanks for the effort. I think this came up before on another thread but if Delvac is added to Mobil, then to be consistent Shell, Pennzoil, and Quaker State need to be added together, since Shell owns the other two. May I suggest you separate Delvac from Mobil and call it a day. Also, I suspect you tucked Shell Rotella under Shell. :)
I disagree. Delvac is marketed under the Mobil brand whereas Shell, Pennzoil, and Quaker State are all separate brands. By your reasoning, shouldn't Havoline and Chevron be counted as one under Chevron-Texaco?
This was my reasoning also , Delvac is labeled Mobil, so it was tallied under Mobil. And yes Rotella did get tucked into the Shell section. I could get more specific with this compilation I suppose, but probably won’t. My list is just a broad broad brush idea of who’s using what.

While we’re at it, we should move all the M1s that use GTL into the Shell column as well; I had a talk with an industry person and they said while there’s no real way to confirm because Shell is very shadowy on this, it’s likely all the GTL is from Pearl. 😂
If you want to get started with how many on that list use XOM or CVX base stock …

Interesting.. thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Anyone care to speculate what weight oil would take the crown for the most used? (disregarding winter rating)

Would it be 20 wt. going away??

Wonder if glasses were needed , if not , likely are now :geek: . The glare of the screen is bad enough . 😎

Last edited:
I always try to go with Mobil 1. I replaced a timing chain on a Toyota 4 cyl 22R-E engine 8 years ago that had about 156,000 and it was on Mobil 1 oil since day one when I bought that truck brand new. The engine was clean both the top end (head, valves) and bottom end (pistons, crankshaft) with little to no sludge in the oil pan and valve cover. The same for a Toyota 2GR-FE (about 140,000 miles) and 1GR-FE engine (about 48,000 miles).

Back