2022 Results of "Post your latest oil change" thread

Superbuick96

Site Donor 2023
For anyone who might be interested, I tallied up results of this thread throughout 2022 and finished it up this morning. The results are fairly accurate, but not exact, my eyes start crossing after awhile going through everyones submissions, but I enjoy seeing the results none the less! There seemed to me a lot more obscure oils used last year, as well as some decent love for HPL. Mobil as always is the preferred choice around here. It's interesting to see the trends in preference from year to year. Happy and Healthy New Year to all the BITOG members, make sure your oil catch cans are properly positioned in 2023 😁

308: Mobil/Delvac
155: Pennzoil
146: Vavoline
145: Castrol
108: Quaker State
70: SuperTech
51 : Shell
40: Havoline
40: Napa
37: Kirkland
35: Frankenblend
33: High Performance Lubricants
32: Amsoil
24: STP
21: Motorcraft
18: Fram
18: Schaeffer
15: Chevron/Delo
15: Liqui Moly
11: Car Quest
8: AC Delco
8: Red Line
8: Toyota/Lexus
7: Citgo
6: O'Reilly
5: Ravenol
*Less than 5 not tallied, but there was approxmently 50 brands that were used less than 5 times. Most were just used 1 time.*

Thanks for the effort. I think this came up before on another thread but if Delvac is added to Mobil, then to be consistent Shell, Pennzoil, and Quaker State need to be added together, since Shell owns the other two. May I suggest you separate Delvac from Mobil and call it a day. Also, I suspect you tucked Shell Rotella under Shell. :)

Amazon basics hasn't made the list the last couple of years, maybe next year.
Royal purple was on the list last year but not this year.
Amsoil users have decreased a lot from last year.
Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the effort. I think this came up before on another thread but if Delvac is added to Mobil, then to be consistent Shell, Pennzoil, and Quaker State need to be added together, since Shell owns the other two. May I suggest you separate Delvac from Mobil and call it a day. Also, I suspect you tucked Shell Rotella under Shell. :)
I disagree. Delvac is marketed under the Mobil brand whereas Shell, Pennzoil, and Quaker State are all separate brands. By your reasoning, shouldn't Havoline and Chevron be counted as one under Chevron-Texaco?

This man took a lot of his personal time to put this together for us free of charge and you got special requests. How about you do it and put it together the way you want it.

I disagree. Delvac is marketed under the Mobil brand whereas Shell, Pennzoil, and Quaker State are all separate brands. By your reasoning, shouldn't Havoline and Chevron be counted as one under Chevron-Texaco?
Yes, it should. The elephant in the room is: Does Mobil really sell twice the amount of motor oils to Bittogers than Shell? The answer is no.

Yes, it should. The elephant in the room is: Does Mobil really sell twice the amount of motor oils to Bittogers than Shell? The answer is no.
Totally correct since Mobil has raised the price to over $30 on their Mobil 1 they haven't sold me a ounce! A good thing I bought 9 Jugs last summer when it was $22 and change on rollback!

Last edited:
Back