2022 Nissan 400Z Nabbed In Production Form And It Looks Amazing

I don't have a problem with Nissan, but I dislike the front end.
Looks just like an S30.

P8_1.jpg

Thats nice looking! The front is a little odd but will likely grow on me. The roof line down to the tail looks great. I would like to see a side profile of it.

Glimpse of the side view in the video ... looks cool, kind of GT -R ish from the side.

The 1970 240 Z was the most beautiful Z car. Unfortunately, even with the clutch and shifter present, all you could do is pretend you were going fast.

View attachment 50825
Yes.....lol
I traded in one many years ago.
On the east coast lucky for me they never put it on a lift because underneath it was a Rust bucket.

Do we know the engine?

The Nissan 400Z is expected to debut later this year with a twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 engine borrowed from the Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400. In the luxury coupe, it produces 400 hp (298 kW / 406 PS) and 350 lb-ft (474 Nm) of torque. It will likely be paired to a seven-speed automatic transmission, but a six-speed manual should also be available.

It's nice to finally see a reimagined Z-car. They've been piling icing on that same old design for too many years. This looks pretty sharp. Not a huge fan of the grille, but love the rear-end treatment. I hope this car leads Nissan back to a better path. I feel like they really lost their way when they removed the manual transmission from the Maxima's option list, and turned the Pathfinder into a soccer mom's dream. It felt like a dark day for Nissan, when the Maxima became just another appliance, and the rough edges disappeared off the Pathfinder. I think the new Z brightens their future a bit. May death come to the CVT, and new life come to Nissan. Next project: A new Sentra SE-R, and a decent engine to go with it. Cash in on the domestics' refusal to offer a compact sedan, with or without performance aspirations.

It's nice to finally see a reimagined Z-car. They've been piling icing on that same old design for too many years. This looks pretty sharp. Not a huge fan of the grille, but love the rear-end treatment. I hope this car leads Nissan back to a better path. I feel like they really lost their way when they removed the manual transmission from the Maxima's option list, and turned the Pathfinder into a soccer mom's dream. It felt like a dark day for Nissan, when the Maxima became just another appliance, and the rough edges disappeared off the Pathfinder. I think the new Z brightens their future a bit. May death come to the CVT, and new life come to Nissan. Next project: A new Sentra SE-R, and a decent engine to go with it. Cash in on the domestics' refusal to offer a compact sedan, with or without performance aspirations.
I was a die hard Nissan guy - in the 90's they could do no wrong. The Sentra SE-R was an inexpensive FWD 3er and the Maxima went toe to toe (IMHO) with the 5er. The 300ZX ripped and the Altima was at least as good as its contemporaries.

And then in the early 00's they doubled down on stupid. The Maxima and Altima were crap and the Quest was ***. The Armada was an abominable beast. they installed their garbage CVT into everything. Murano was nasty looking, then they made it a convertible.

The Frontier, Xterra, Pathfinder, and Titan were ok; then they let the lines languish without updates until they either got the axe or were turned into whatever the Pathfinder is. After a strong launch with the 350Z they left it to rot. The 370Z was never at the top of anyone's list even when new.

Was it always a grind or crunch when shifting from 1st to 2nd?
Yes. It did not matter if I shifted fast or slow. I would deliberately mat the clutch, then reach over, and shift. All my care did not matter. The only way to keep it from doing this was to double clutch. It did it with the OEM fluid, and MT-85 Redline.

Back