2021 statistics of "Post your latest oil change"

Valvoline is a darn good oil. I think the BITOG love affair with SOPUS and their fancy “made from natural gas” daze has wore off. I wasn’t ever a real Pennzoil fanboy anyways 💩💩🙈🙈

I agree. I’m thinking of attempting to change my own again. I feel better this time around and if I had to choose right now it will be the Valvoline EP.

Supertech Oil sales will more than likely go down with there price increases. Heck there new 20,000 mile synthetic oil is more than Pennzoil/QSUD and Castrol at $27.xx for a 5 quart jug. For that kinda money -- I am going with the big name brands. Supertech synthetic blend 5000 mile oil is 17 bucks now for a 5quart jug. There sales will drop is my opinion.

Supertech Oil sales will more than likely go down with there price increases. Heck there new 20,000 mile synthetic oil is more than Pennzoil/QSUD and Castrol at $27.xx for a 5 quart jug. For that kinda money -- I am going with the big name brands. Supertech synthetic blend 5000 mile oil is 17 bucks now for a 5quart jug. There sales will drop is my opinion.
Yeah, I noticed QSUD was $20~ and Castrol at $21 hard to beat. I’ve got some Providence Syn at Rural King for family and friends cheaper than ST. Plus they always have plenty of oil

Agreed - at $15 bucks for 5qts for the 10K/normal syn variety it was a great all-day-everyday deal. With the price increases it's starting to be that Grocery store X's "fruit rings" are as much as Fruit Loops.....ahhahahaha

Yeah, I noticed QSUD was $20~ and Castrol at $21 hard to beat. I’ve got some Providence Syn at Rural King for family and friends cheaper than ST. Plus they always have plenty of oil
Who makes Providence? Does it hold dexos approval?

I took the Liberty of posting your oil accountability survey from 2020:

Mobil 230
Pennzoil 132
Vavoline 105
Shell 101
Amsoil 99
Castrol 89
Napa 72
Super Tech 65
Quaker State 55
Havoline 33
Chevron 24
Frankenblend 21
Kirkland 21
Harvest King 16
Motorcraft 15
Liquid Moly 9
AC Delco 7
STP 7
Lucas 7
Idemitsu 6
Redline 6
Kendall 6
Schaffer 5
Royal Purple 5
Oreily's 4
Motul 3
Miscellaneous 102 (unknown quick stop, dealer, and brands used less than 3 members
I was most surprised by the drop off of Asmoil users from 2020 to 2021.

Ultra has never had Dexos approval, only regular Platinum

Not true man...

It certainly was Dexos approved for awhile. I bought a good number of the 5 qt containers. 0w20, 5w20 and 5w30 all were Dexos approved.

For some reason Pennzoil dropped the Dexos approval not too long after it became Pennzoil Ultra Platinum packaged in the yellow containers.

Attachments

• aVmIWdY.jpg
    aVmIWdY.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 51BD9jnCzPL._AC_SY780_.jpg
    51BD9jnCzPL._AC_SY780_.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
So why did you combine Mobil products while separating SOPUS products?

If you add Pennzoil, Quaker State, Shell and Rotella (which show as combined already) together, you have 275 SOPUS vs 273 Mobil.

Similar for Chevron and Havoline, could be put together for a total of 53.

Appears my change with Pentosin Pento HP last year was one of the outlier oils.

So why did you combine Mobil products while separating SOPUS products?

If you add Pennzoil, Quaker State, Shell and Rotella (which show as combined already) together, you have 275 SOPUS vs 273 Mobil.

Similar for Chevron and Havoline, could be put together for a total of 53.

Appears my change with Pentosin Pento HP last year was one of the outlier oils.
Yeah you're right, why did I combine the Mobil products but separate the Sopus? For 2022 I'll keep them separated.

Back