2021 RX350 OCI recommendation?

I'd start changing oil at every 5000 miles on the odometer. Easy to keep track of.
On my 4Runner, I did a spill and fill of oil only on the 5Ks and then oil and filter on the 10Ks. The cartridge filter always looked clean after 10K miles. I'll probably do oil and filter on the 5Ks and 10Ks on my RAV4 since the spin-on filter is quick and easy to change.

Pennzoil has a good rebate going on right now for Pennzoil Platinum and Ultra Platinum oil.
On the 14 Venza, I do an oc every 5K and a filter at 10k (Fram Ultra). I did a particle analysis once at a 15K filter change and there was too particles at 4 and 6 microns.
Do not do a 15k filter change despite the filter is rated for 20K, Too many small particles.

I am ok with 10k oci but time wise it was 24 months .... 2 years. Yikes!
I never that car abusive like that in my life.
I've done 2 year OCIs on my vehicles during the pandemic. Everything still runs fine.
Lawnmower regularly goes 2 years OCI.

The issue would be if it was repeatedly short tripped for two years. That could lead to a buildup of fuel, moisture, sludge, etc in the engine. Now that you own it, a regular OCI schedule should be fine.

True but it was only once and it's not gonna cause any damage. At worst a tiny bit of varnish formed on the difficult areas. If it burns either no or very minimal oil it's good to go.

True but it was only once and it's not gonna cause any damage. At worst a tiny bit of varnish formed on the difficult areas. If it burns either no or very minimal oil it's good to go.
Thanks. Looks like I am doing R&P 0w-20 or 5w-30 for the next OC.

That's funny because my wife and I are probably classified as an older couple. Lol

If it were mine, I just do an oil change with your favorite flavor of oil and filter. Personally I would put in 0w30 and OEM filter. I'm running 0W40 in my 2015 2grfe.

This 5K,10k, 1.7K OCI is correct. My question is that it took two years between OCI.
It will have deposits. My MIL purchased a 13 ES350 and followed a similar schedule for the first 5 years or 32K. The OCI's were 10K and about 2 years in length each time. After I took over, I started changing the oil at 5K intervals with M1 EP or PP, and eventually started 5K run of HPL EC30 at the 55K mark. There were deposits removed:

I did a two year 10k OCI on my last Corvette (a 2005 model) and the oil analysis came back good. I had that car for 4.5 years and only did 2 oil changes actually. I don't see that as abuse (especially since both UOAs looked good)

I would skip the HPL no need, just run a good full synthetic oil such as Mobil 1 and stick with 5k intervals. With it having such low mileage the amount of 10k intervals was not enough to do any harm.

A two year OCI is fine if the car wasn't short tripped 100% of the time. You said in post #1 that it was driven around 100 miles per week. It was driven 10K miles in 2 years, which is totally different than if it was driven 1000 miles in 2 years and only short tripped.

Look down inside the fill hole on the valve cover and see if it's clean. If it is, which I bet it is, then just use the oil you plan on using and do your normal OCIs you do on vehicles. If worried, I'd try the Valvoline Restore and Protect like others have suggested.

I’d say there is nothing to worry about and you can run whatever you would normally do.

There are engines going 150,000 miles with much, much worse treatment!!

we have that vehicle, 5k oci with toyota oil (mobil) and toyota filter. runs like a top. last I looked she was at 26k and change. great vehicle with terrible tires. she's already in the yellow (soon to be red) on the tire gauge.

Dump the fill now so you have a good base line to start with. Like others have mentioned previously, 5K oil and 10K with oil filter. Sleep easy and congrats on the new ride.

A two year OCI is fine if the car wasn't short tripped 100% of the time. You said in post #1 that it was driven around 100 miles per week. It was driven 10K miles in 2 years, which is totally different than if it was driven 1000 miles in 2 years and only short tripped.

Look down inside the fill hole on the valve cover and see if it's clean. If it is, which I bet it is, then just use the oil you plan on using and do your normal OCIs you do on vehicles. If worried, I'd try the Valvoline Restore and Protect like others have suggested.
I cannot say with confidence if it was short tripped or not. It was driven 10k between two oil changes. 100 mi per week was my calculation based on two data points.

Dump the fill now so you have a good base line to start with. Like others have mentioned previously, 5K oil and 10K with oil filter. Sleep easy and congrats on the new ride.
Thank u. I believe I got a fair price $42k for the RX350 luxury and comes with an installed trailer hitch. The 2021 MRSP was $62k

we have that vehicle, 5k oci with toyota oil (mobil) and toyota filter. runs like a top. last I looked she was at 26k and change. great vehicle with terrible tires. she's already in the yellow (soon to be red) on the tire gauge.
@b_b could I do me favor? Please measure the width from driver side mirror to passenger side mirror, what is the distance? I have to drive into the garage.

Thank u in advance.

The 2014 Venza is 85”.

Just purchased off-lease 2021 RX350 re-certified with 17K. Supposedly it was older couple traded it in for another lease. The OCI is not ideal since they followed the 10k Lexus recommendation. What is the recommendations moving forward? I like to hear from the forum members. This is the CARFAX history.

4/21 purchase date

12/21 5K OC at Lexus dealer(odometer 5K)

12/23 10K OC at Lexus dealer (odometer 15K)

05/24 Dealer takes possession
Toyota oil and OC at Lexus dealer (odometer 16.7K)

Not great the oil has been sitting around for 24 months and driven 100mi per week. What should be the next OCI?

Do I need to do a HPL 30 flush?
Or go PP HM?
It's already had one short oil change from 15k to 16.7k to flush out some of that 10k oil. I'd add another at 20k (which would make a 3300 mi OCI after the 1.7k one), then use that as your baseline and start 5k OCI with the Valvoline Restore and Protect or whatever you want.

Back