2021 RX350 OCI recommendation?

I did a two year 10k OCI on my last Corvette (a 2005 model) and the oil analysis came back good. I had that car for 4.5 years and only did 2 oil changes actually. I don't see that as abuse (especially since both UOAs looked good)
Thank u for that information on the 2 yr OCI and the UOA. It was very helpful since I only do 1 yr OCI and UOA on the wife’s 09 Lexus ES350.

@b_b could I do me favor? Please measure the width from driver side mirror to passenger side mirror, what is the distance? I have to drive into the garage.

Thank u in advance.

The 2014 Venza is 85”.
87 IN with mirrors extended. they are easy to fold in, it just a physical button push.

I would change the oil on a regular schedule between 5-10K depending on use using a OEM-recommended grade with whatever brand makes you feel good.

Just purchased off-lease 2021 RX350 re-certified with 17K. Supposedly it was older couple traded it in for another lease. The OCI is not ideal since they followed the 10k Lexus recommendation. What is the recommendations moving forward? I like to hear from the forum members. This is the CARFAX history.

4/21 purchase date

12/21 5K OC at Lexus dealer(odometer 5K)

12/23 10K OC at Lexus dealer (odometer 15K)

05/24 Dealer takes possession
Toyota oil and OC at Lexus dealer (odometer 16.7K)

Not great the oil has been sitting around for 24 months and driven 100mi per week. What should be the next OCI?

Do I need to do a HPL 30 flush?
Or go PP HM?
Not to sound like a you know what but this sounds like a solution in search of a problem. There's nothing to "fix" with this car. Just run whatever Toyota recommends. No flush, no HM oils. 10k mile OCI's have been around for over 20 years.

Btw..what probably happened is that the car was no longer able to be driven so it sat until it could be traded in.

my wife parks in the garage by herself. its technically a two car garage but its two small cars, not a suv and a truck.
To be perfectly honest, my wife parks her Lexus es350 and leans to the right to maximize the space when she opens the door. Of course when she backs out she turns the steering wheel to straighten out. Unfortunately, I cannot do that and she is a better driver than I.

What is not to like on the ‘Lexus filter setup’ ?
Probably the cartridge setup. I have yet to prevent a very slow drip on our Sienna even after replacing the gaskets, including the dumb center drain gasket.

Probably the cartridge setup. I have yet to prevent a very slow drip on our Sienna even after replacing the gaskets, including the dumb center drain gasket.
I have the opposite opinion. I bought an additional aluminum filter housing and center drain cover so I don’t have deal with oil filter pre-fill, filter installation and cleanliness of the internal filter housing bottom during the OC. Everything is prepped before hand.

Julia Child taught me Mise en place. Lol

Back