2021 Rogue rental

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
I'm in a 2021 Rogue. Showed up at the Emerald aisle to about a dozen Cam-rollas :sleep: and a Rogue. I usually seek out the lowest mileage + most interesting unit they have, so when I opened to door on the Rogue and saw it only had 300 miles on the odo I hopped in.

I was never a fan or interested in the Rogue, but I have to say this is a really nice vehicle. It's comfortable, quiet, decent power, interior is great and the features this lower end model has are really nice. 360 camera! The CVT and it's fake shifts and paddle shifters are a joke, but other than that Nissan did a nice job on this vehicle. Shifter is quirky but I like it. Styling isn't bad either, much better than earlier Nissans...I sense a lot of Renault influence, even the way R O G U E is spelled out under the Nissan emblem. (y)

mi7TaS1.jpg

dbgmazI.jpg

TMKQrGP.jpg

9rjgXEF.jpg

NbWIPzT.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's their best shot at a Rogue yet and agree with the points you brought up, although the shift by wire "shifter" is a bit awkward. I think a dial or buttons would have been better.

I went through the motions helping my FIL lease one a month or so ago. He's been leasing Rogues every ~3yrs since they came out in 2007.

This is the first year for direct injection with this 4cyl. Maintenance points look decent though. You can get at all 4 COPs with ease. There's still a charge tube (dipstick tube) up top for CVT fluid spill/fills.

How were the seats? Nissan is supposed to have more comfortable seats than it's competition. That auto hold button is nice did you try it?

Doesn't look bad except for the crazy front lighting, which is just par for the course these days. Was it AWD or FWD, and did you try any settings other than "road" on the dial? I'm guessing the settings are hill, slippery, road, eco, and race? 🤣

How were the seats? Nissan is supposed to have more comfortable seats than it's competition. That auto hold button is nice did you try it?

Seats are comfortable, nothing amazing though. The auto hold is a nice feature - I have been using it at lights.

Doesn't look bad except for the crazy front lighting, which is just par for the course these days. Was it AWD or FWD, and did you try any settings other than "road" on the dial? I'm guessing the settings are hill, slippery, road, eco, and race? 🤣

It's AWD. Can you believe they put a race mode and paddle shifters in this thing? 😂

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that floorboard in the second pic really pushed up to the passenger seat?

great Rogue the best thus far

too bad its previous reputation will ruin it in the long run

I like the mode selection. That would adjust the CVT to the current driving pattern like going over a pass for example.

This is the third best selling vehicle in it's class. Nissan moves a respectable number of these.

I like what NISSAN has been doing for a while now. Their interiors and trim lines speak more to my taste even though I've owned several HonYota's over the years. We find NISSAN interior comfort level better suites our body structure. And friends/family traveling with us always seem more comfortable during the commute with positive comments without us asking for their opinion.

It's AWD. Can you believe they put a race mode and paddle shifters in this thing? 😂

I had a 4 cylinder Camry from Enterprise, that had paddle shifters... When I noticed the paddle shifters, I assumed it was a V6 model. I was wrong.

Back