2021 Ram 5.7L Hemi; Royal Purple 5w-20 2.5k miles

My 2021 Ram 1500 5.7 has about 16k miles on it. The first test referenced was Pennzoil Ultra 5w20. The second was amsoil xl 5w20. And the third one was this latest test with Royal Purple 5w20 which seems to be lacking. Mainly moly and boron. All three tests had similar miles; 2.5-3k. The copper continues to come down and it was nice to see those tin and lead levels disappear. The “unit time” from the other tests was my mess up. Guess I wasn’t understanding what they were asking for before.

I’m running Royal Purple again this interval but I’m considering going back to Penn Ultra.

Edit: oil filter was the fram synthetic endurance

Attachments

• IMG_7814.jpeg
    IMG_7814.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 225
You might want to get that re-tested, as the additive levels on the Royal Purple all look low and Phosphorous is below the API floor of 600ppm.

Other than that, everything looks pretty normal.

You might want to get that re-tested, as the additive levels on the Royal Purple all look low and Phosphorous is below the API floor of 600ppm.

Other than that, everything looks pretty normal.
I’m running RP again this interval and will test it again. It does seem oddly low in several areas.

I’m running RP again this interval and will test it again. It does seem oddly low in several areas.
You can contact them and see if they have enough of your sample (or if they still have your sample) for a re-test. They will do it free of charge. Might be worth the inquiry.

I'll bite,
What makes PUP better than PP? Marketing?
It surely isn't specifications....
I didn't say it was better than anything. Said it was hard to beat.

I said it's good. Never mentioned PP, nor did OP. OP did say he was considering going back to Ultra from the RP.

The minutiae differences in most top shelf oils means very little to most power plants. I'm in the "these all function about as well as the one sitting next to it" camp. I squiggle out the RP because they want 15$ more for it per 5 qts, and it doesn't add 15$ worth of value (IMO)

1702344160334.png

you said:
Hard to beat PUP. I'll get hate mail because "X IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN PUP" but it's really quite good stuff.
but you meant:
I didn't say it was better than anything. Said it was hard to beat.
uh.... not sure where thats going.
I said it's good. Never mentioned PP, nor did OP. OP did say he was considering going back to Ultra from the RP.

The minutiae differences in most top shelf oils means very little to most power plants. I'm in the "these all function about as well as the one sitting next to it" camp. I squiggle out the RP because they want 15$ more for it per 5 qts, and it doesn't add 15$ worth of value (IMO)
but if PP is cheaper than PUP and has more certs/specs .... its better... therefore PUP isnt hard to beat??

joking aside I agree that RP is overpriced. I do like the purple;) color though if clearance is available.

I mean my city has purple fire trucks and ambulances.
1702347068569.jpg

@Rand , when I bought oil Friday both the PP and PUP were the same price at my local W-Mart. The Purple is quite mesmerizing lol. Would have been super pretty if we'd mixed half and half green goblin 'Strol with purty Purp.

Back