2021 Mercedes AMG C63S - 5k miles - factory fill

This is the first oil change that my 2021 Mercedes-AMG C63S sedan has received. The car has the hand-built 4.0L bi-turbo V8, engine code M177 (503hp).

Unknown what the factory fill is, but probably the typical Mercedes 5w40 or something similar. Car had 3,000 miles on the clock when I bought it and we have no clue how it was driven during that time. I put about 2,000 miles on it, half of which was the drive home. The selling dealer claimed they changed the oil when they got it but we can't find any records of it and Blackstone says the analysis really doesn't support that either, except maybe for the 0w30 viscosity rating?

Going forward I will be using Mobil 1 FS 0w40...and yes I do drive this thing hard!

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
It’s possible that the oil was changed and what we’re seeing is more break-in particles.

It would be terrible if the dealer literally LIED to you about the oil change 🤨😤🤬🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: a5m
I know it's not the point of a vehicle like this, but what mpg do you expect to get out of it on average?

I know it's not the point of a vehicle like this, but what mpg do you expect to get out of it on average?
Probably 17 except on long highway trips. Better than an old 5.0 mustang.

But I am getting 21 mpg on my Ecosport. with no Eco and no sport. Now that is an outrage!
How is the fuel mileage on your Ecosport? Asking as I may have to make a trip to the selling dealer.

My wife gets 35 mpg on her giant Subaru Outback per the DIC.

Probably 17 except on long highway trips. Better than an old 5.0 mustang.

But I am getting 21 mpg on my Ecosport. with no Eco and no sport. Now that is an outrage!
How is the fuel mileage on your Ecosport? Asking as I may have to make a trip to the selling dealer.

My wife gets 35 mpg on her giant Subaru Outback per the DIC.
I'm getting about 23mpg with mostly short city drives. I've also got some snow tires on and it's not broken it. But yeah the mileage is really my only complaint.

I'm getting about 23mpg with mostly short city drives. I've also got some snow tires on and it's not broken it. But yeah the mileage is really my only complaint.
The this is a snow bunny. I have no problem getting around with the Factory Ecopia all seasons in the snow

Back