2021 Mercedes AMG C63S - 10k miles - M1 FS 0w40

With a flashpoint of 430 (I've seen a VOA of M1 0W40 that shows virgin FP of 435), we have no way of knowing for sure how much viscosity loss is due to fuel vs. mechanical shear. This is one case where it would make a lot of sense to do the next UOA with a lab that uses gas chromatography.
Yep, that's why I suggested Polaris/OAI.

Just based on the high flashpoint and twin turbos, I'd guess the viscosity loss is more due to shear than fuel. Although, the lower flashpoint and viscosity of the factory fill makes it less clear. Anyone know the starting viscosity of the factory fill?

Just based on the high flashpoint and twin turbos, I'd guess the viscosity loss is more due to shear than fuel. Although, the lower flashpoint and viscosity of the factory fill makes it less clear. Anyone know the starting viscosity of the factory fill?

Hard to find this data, but the previous 5w40 MB-branded oil was made by XOM and had KV@40 of 82.84 and KV@100 of 13.59. PQI tests in 2018 showed it to be pretty darn close to the claimed spec:

Confusing title. I was expecting a 10,000 mile oil run.

5k intervals look good to me. PLENTY of buffer room.
Yes, title should be different. 10k miles would be a good interval but I guess in a new vehicle it may prudent to OCI early.

Just popped in to say that's a bloody awesome car!
A friend had the baby C43 with a mild reprogram.....and it was a fire breather.

I can't imagine the C63S

Back