2021 Mercedes AMG C63S - 5k - factory fill rear diff 75w140

This is the first differential change that my 2021 Mercedes-AMG C63S sedan has received. The car has the hand-built 4.0L bi-turbo V8, engine code M177 (503hp).

There's some conflicting information about whether or not these cars should get a special break-in diff fluid change. The AMG owner's manual supplement says to do it, but the computers at the dealership are saying it's not necessary on the later model years. No idea why this is as the differential is exactly the same as earlier years. Cost-cutting measure maybe? Regardless, I had the dealer change the fluid out for fresh Castrol Syntrax LS 75w140 at the 5k mark while it was getting its first oil change too.

I'm not sure what the factory fill is but I suspect it's the same as the service fill. Not sure who makes the diff for Mercedes, but it has an eLSD in it.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
417 ppm iron..........

but I thought Mercedes called these synthetic fluids "lifetime" that never need to be changed:rolleyes:

Follow the dealer's advice. AMG ceased to be AMG when MB bough it, now it's merely a label to get more money from buyers.
MB still rides on the reputation of the original owners.

On the contrary, I believe the rear diff has an interval of 30k.
that is good news, my dealer told me that my ML 320's differentials were "sealed for life" and could not be changed. It took me 10 minutes.......................

that is good news, my dealer told me that my ML 320's differentials were "sealed for life" and could not be changed. It took me 10 minutes.......................

How many miles on it? My daughter has 250k. She just had the egr replaced and the intake manifold was gunned up and had to be removed and cleaned.

How many miles on it? My daughter has 250k. She just had the egr replaced and the intake manifold was gunned up and had to be removed and cleaned.
170, 000 km, it was a real low mileage creampuff, when I bought it it had 90km and it was a 2001, PM me anytime

tim

Back