2021 Hyundai Palisade 3.8L - Kirkland 5W30 - 4,600 mi interval

Ran a first test on my wife's car with 20k total miles. I've changed every 5k miles. 1st change was Valvoline advanced, 2nd change was Supertech (can't remember if it was 10k or 20k), 3rd change Kirkland. New fill I mixed 3.5qts of Kirkland and 3.5qts of Pennzoil Platinum to use up what I had left on hand.

This UOA is 100% Kirkland 5W30. My first DI only engine so I was worried about fuel dilution but it looks like everything is holding up well. I will continue with 5k intervals. Hyundai oil specs aren't the most clear so I've been using whatever is on sale in current API spec. If anyone has recommendations for this Atkinson cycle GDI 3.8L Lambda engine I'm not tied to anything in particular.

21 PALISADE-220630 UOA edit_page-0001.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, I wouldn't change a thing, but it might be worth checking your intake tract for leaks.
I noticed that too. I’ve checked the air filter a couple times. Also tried a can of intake cleaner last OCI. Maybe I left something loose. Changed cabin air filter but won’t mess with the engine air filter until maybe 40-50k.

Thanks for this. Been wondering how the Palisade holds up to dilution and by the looks of this report, pretty well.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back