IMG_3089.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3087.jpg
    IMG_3087.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 24
Nice looking truck. I'd love to have a new truck.....I just can't fall in love with the sticker prices!

Don't know if you bought that Journey new in 2015 or not. But if you would have bought a Crew Cab-it would be worth enough where you could get a new one for a reasonable payment after trading in a paid for truck. I traded in a 2012 GMC Sierra Crew Car SLT-they gave me $25,000.00. It was easy to buy a 2018 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab (4WD) for a discounted price of $43,000.00

As a side note Kelley Blue Book shows the trade in value on my truck between $37,000.00 and $39,000.00-two years later.

Yea-thinking about a RAM........

Last edited:
For those following...

My beautiful bride found here ride!

Nice … Will be fun ! I came close to getting a Bison diesel this summer … They were hard to find and just could not deal with another black vehicle down this way

Don't know if you bought that Journey new in 2015 or not. But if you would have bought a Crew Cab-it would be worth enough where you could get a new one for a reasonable payment after trading in a paid for truck. I traded in a 2012 GMC Sierra Crew Car SLT-they gave me $25,000.00. It was easy to buy a 2018 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab (4WD) for a discounted price of $43,000.00

As a side note Kelley Blue Book shows the trade in value on my truck between $37,000.00 and $39,000.00-two years later.

Yea-thinking about a RAM........

The main thing to remember when looking at "resale value"
is most of the reports for value retention go MSRP to trade in value..
that isnt real life.
for subaru or toyota where you are buying for 1500-2k off msrp.. it "RETAINS ITS VALUE"
my 2015 forester was 26500msrp I paid 24000 IIRC Trade in after 3 years was 18000?
but another example
my jeep cherokee msrp 38500 current value 22500.. much worse resale value retention!! omg dont buy a jeep/FCA product. /emo
except I didnt pay 38500 I paid 28000...... so wait it lost less than the subaru??? hmmm.....

The ram truck that stickers at 45000msrp.. is only worth 27k after a couple years.. it lost 18k value.
except they are selling for 14k off new.. so it lost 4k.....
locally there are tons in the 43.xxx range selling for under 31k

back on topic. I find the front ends on the new chevy trucks to be um.. ugly. but it wouldnt stop me from buying one if that is what I wanted.

and I'd have to agree its a midsize truck.. there are no true small trucks around.. even the new ranger isnt.

Last edited:
ALL trucks have become oversized like many people + where are the standard cabs with decent V-6 power. i like the frontiers for value + own an 2011 SV king cab only because theres NO standard cab + of course the almost extinct manual tranny. automatics are preferred by manufactures because they can better control the engine output to meet EPA guidelines, i shift when i want BUT todays slushboxes control a lot of that NOT you. of course prices are NUTS for any 4 WD pickup!!!!

Wow the new front end looks great. So aggressive and it has the suspension, lockers, ect to back it up.

The main thing to remember when looking at "resale value"
is most of the reports for value retention go MSRP to trade in value..
that isnt real life.
for subaru or toyota where you are buying for 1500-2k off msrp.. it "RETAINS ITS VALUE"
my 2015 forester was 26500msrp I paid 24000 IIRC Trade in after 3 years was 18000?
but another example
my jeep cherokee msrp 38500 current value 22500.. much worse resale value retention!! omg dont buy a jeep/FCA product. /emo
except I didnt pay 38500 I paid 28000...... so wait it lost less than the subaru??? hmmm.....

The ram truck that stickers at 45000msrp.. is only worth 27k after a couple years.. it lost 18k value.
except they are selling for 14k off new.. so it lost 4k.....
locally there are tons in the 43.xxx range selling for under 31k

back on topic. I find the front ends on the new chevy trucks to be um.. ugly. but it wouldnt stop me from buying one if that is what I wanted.

and I'd have to agree its a midsize truck.. there are no true small trucks around.. even the new ranger isnt.

Yes. Real-world used car prices are nuts at the moment. My 2012 is worth about 2/3 what I paid for it retail.Trade-in is almost half what I paid. Not going to make me jump but if you happen to be in the market anyway....

PS. Nice looking handy-size truck.

lookin good! from what I've read GM has figured out the transmission "shudder" that was present in earlier trucks.
looking forward to impressions and thoughts.

Congrats - hope the truck works out great for you guys.

Just noticed the gvwr on the zr2 is exactly 6K, which means it isnt eligible for section 179 deduction.

That will most assuredly cost chevy some clients.

Congrats - hope the truck works out great for you guys.

Just noticed the gvwr on the zr2 is exactly 6K, which means it isnt eligible for section 179 deduction.

That will most assuredly cost chevy some clients.
You can 179 the diesel ZR2. Thought about it but not ideal with my scorp structure.

Back