2021 4Runner Venture | 5W-30 HPL EURO NO VII | 7,000 miles on oil & 20,000 on truck

daily driver, 90% plus city driving.

TRD Oil Filter

first time using OA, any info/feedback would be appreciated.

cc: @OVERKILL you asked me to tag you when this sample was taken.

oil2.jpeg

Looks like it's a 5w-40 based on the viscosity. Some elevated metals but that is common among break-in time. It appears that if dumping at 7k then any off the shelf, that meets the specs, will do here just as well. This does look more like a Euro add pack so any Euro oil will work. Great job! How do you like the 4runner?

Looks like it's a 5w-40 based on the viscosity. Some elevated metals but that is common among break-in time. It appears that if dumping at 7k then any off the shelf, that meets the specs, will do here just as well. This does look more like a Euro add pack so any Euro oil will work. Great job! How do you like the 4runner?
thanks for the feedback.

i love this truck. she drives like a tank. the fact that their are so many after market parts, has my pockets taking a hit. lol

4r.jpeg

If some other XW-30 oils got into the 13's people would note it. We shouldn't be afraid to acknowledge this.

I will say what I said about Amsoil 20 years ago: 13cSt @ 100°C isn't tar, calm down Pablo.

Beautiful rig! Normal Toyota wear.

😅 "isn't tar, calm down..."

i want to thank you again for the recommendation a few months back, on the Transfercase fluid. i am running the Amsoil you recommended: the Manual Synchromesh Transmission 5W-30 fluid, instead of the extremely hard to find and justify, Unicorn 75W Toyota fluid.

I’d love to run this in a lspi prone car but I’m not sure that’s a good idea. I recently went out a sample to OA of the OCMO version of this. It’ll be interesting how they compare

I’d love to run this in a lspi prone car but I’m not sure that’s a good idea. I recently went out a sample to OA of the OCMO version of this. It’ll be interesting how they compare

i'll keep my eyes open to see when you post your report. OA will prob flag the oxidation on your report due to the high POE. but we know this is nothing to worry about.

Back