2020 Kia Forte Oil Recommendations

2020 forte lxs 2.0l mpi engine. Currently have amsoil oe 5w20 in it right now. I live in Denver with stop and go traffic mixed in with mountain driving. I plan this summer (depending on gas prices) to take a long road trip down south through the desert. Thinking about using some of my stash of Kendall gt1 max 5w20 OR dumping in a 5w30 of some sort.

I have the same engine in my Elantra. Pick your flavor, it isn't particularly demanding on engine oil since you have neither DI or a turbo. Hyundai gives you 3-years 36,000 miles of oil changes so I've been taking mine to the dealer and they use 5W-30 Valvoline. Once I start changing it I'll be using SuperTech or Kirkland 5W-30 synthetic. But pick your flavor, pretty much any modern API-certified product of the right viscosity will work interchangeably.

The 2.0L MPI isn't picky. The Hyundai got QS Blend 5W-30 every 3750 mi free at the dealer for the free the first 3 changes followed by QSUD Synthetic every 7500 mi. If you have the 5W-20 GT-1 Max I would use it. Just tell everyone it's Redline since that's what's in their street line bottles.

2020 forte lxs 2.0l mpi engine. Currently have amsoil oe 5w20 in it right now. I live in Denver with stop and go traffic mixed in with mountain driving. I plan this summer (depending on gas prices) to take a long road trip down south through the desert. Thinking about using some of my stash of Kendall gt1 max 5w20 OR dumping in a 5w30 of some sort.
Hyundai Australia calls up 5w30 for our conditions. Use any brand you wish that is API, ILSAC or ACEA certified. The temps for most people in Australia would be -3 centigrade to 40 centigrade.

I am not married to any brand of oil, certification and specifications are what one should look for.

Back