2020 KIA Stinger oil recommendation

Had one of these at work yesterday. Luckily we had some M1 0w30 left.

Gf’s best friend has a 2020 KIA Stinger with 40k on it. She asked me bout what oil. I do have some M1 0w30 SM in stash left. Plan to use KIA/Hyundai OEM filter. Engine is 3.0 turbo.

Thanks in advance 🇺🇸🇨🇦👍😎

The owner needs to consult the owner's manual. That will provide info as to the oil. The owner's best bet is to use a fully synthetic oil that's designed to provide the turbo proper lubrication. Yes, the turbo is lubes with engine oil.

The owner needs to consult the owner's manual. That will provide info as to the oil. The owner's best bet is to use a fully synthetic oil that's designed to provide the turbo proper lubrication. Yes, the turbo is lubes with engine oil.
I kinda knew that turbos lubed with engine oil.

Thanks for info

From 2020 Kia Stinger Manual.
Stinger.jpg

3.0? Is this a US market vehicle?
I driven both the 2.0 ant the 3.3 .... didn't see any 3.0 Stingers. Take a picture of it next time.

The picture above from the owners manual shows 2.0t and 3.3T also. No 3.0 V6! And, I wouldn't use a 0w30 in either.

HTHS

For both engines, I'd recommend 3.5+ HTHS regardless of the bottle SAE grade label. Nothing special about the OEM filter either... just picked up a Supertech MP + 5w40 for an upcoming 2.4GDI Kia oil change, while under warranty.

I miss when most owners manuals gave grade choices with a temp range. That picture in post 4 sure is purty... 15w40, 20w50. HyundiaKia all but dropped grade choices that with their Smartystream motors. You will conform or else. Resistance is futility.

3.0? Is this a US market vehicle?
I driven both the 2.0 ant the 3.3 .... didn't see any 3.0 Stingers. Take a picture of it next time.

The picture above from the owners manual shows 2.0t and 3.3T also. No 3.0 V6! And, I wouldn't use a 0w30 in either.
I’m pretty sure I saw emissions sticker on hood and read 3.0 unless I’m blind all the sudden. Oil cap says 0w30

Well, it is 2.0 as this is what I saw opening hood.

Attachments

• 829FB2D5-3540-41BF-B3C0-D34BBB01AF7E.jpg
    829FB2D5-3540-41BF-B3C0-D34BBB01AF7E.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 18
Back