Recommend oil for 2020 Kia Soul 2.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Where did I say that I did 3wks research? Who in this thread stated or insinuated an OE filter is a "silver bullet', I'm having trouble finding that. Some of you appear so eager to play gotcha that you overlook the basics like reading a post carefully. And fwiw, I think you have me confused for someone else in this thread.

With so many quotes in everyone's replies, I just got confused. I'm apologizing for this, you clearly didn't claim doing any research, it was someone else

Originally Posted by SlavaB

With so many quotes in everyone's replies, I just got confused. I'm apologizing for this, you clearly didn't claim doing any research, it was someone else

No worries..ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by dubber09
I was very skeptical about using Kia/Hyundai oil filters and thus did quite an extensive research which took me about 3 weeks; there is absolutely no need to use anything else unless you get comparable or better quality filter at a better price.
OEM filters are very high quality and are cheap if you get them on Amazon or thru dealer connection in 6 or 10 packs.

Since you've done all this research what is the efficiency rating at 20 microns and the cost of those filters?
Please share this with us.

I didn't care about "the efficiency rating at 20 microns and the cost of those filters" but filter build and consistency with its components and reliability and durability.
As long as filter doesn't fail filtering oil and both valves open and close when they have to is all I needed.
Construction of those filters is very assuring.

The reason I went researching filters was not to waist my time, which is what I'm doing typing this for you right now, but 'cos there were too many people claiming Kia filters were great and I had to see it for myself whether it was substantiated or they were simply some loyal Kia fans.

Originally Posted by dubber09

I didn't care about "the efficiency rating at 20 microns and the cost of those filters" but filter build and consistency with its components and reliability and durability.

Maybe if you had done 4 weeks worth of research you would know this info!
crackmeup2.gif

"The reason I went researching filters was not to waist my time, which is what I'm doing typing this for you right now, but 'cos there were too many people claiming Kia filters were great and I had to see it for myself whether it was substantiated or they were simply some loyal Kia fans."

I wonder what kind of research you performed over three weeks to come to this conclusion?

I have nothing against Kia filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back