2019 RAM 1500 Sport update - 60,000Km

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Previous thread can be found here:

Since then we've had a few minor issues, but nothing major. Truck has just over 60,000km on it now and gets daily driven by my wife. It's our choice for any sort of long trip due to the incredible comfort and ride quality it offers. It is an extremely relaxing vehicle to drive.

- Truck has had the front end replaced twice due to collisions. My wife ran into a Wrangler, not sure if that was in the previous thread or not. I hit a 12-point buck at about 60mph while towing the Four Wynns boat in a rural area. The truck remained drivable in both instances.

- Wheel liner (which was replaced) after the deer was rubbing on the tire at full lock. This was addressed with updated wheel liners. Common issue apparently with the wider tires on this truck.

- Tailgate would stick sometimes. This was adjusted and fixed.

- Rear window frame cracked and leaked. TSB from FCA on this, apparently a known issue (supplier problem) and replaced under warranty.

As I noted in a separate thread, the OE tires were absolute garbage. We've replaced those with Continentals and they are absolutely fantastic, no regrets with that decision over the also excellent Michelin Defender LTX. We've also upgraded the running boards to a better fitting unit sold under the RAM moniker that appear to be a powder coated aluminum.

Ultimately, even with this truck being a VERY early build DT, we are quite happy with it and have no plans on getting rid of it. In fact, given its durability, we've developed a significant fondness for it. Surviving the deer hit and remaining drivable was most definite a nod in its favour and has me respecting its ability to survive.

It recently got nailed by a branch in a storm too, lol:
04056500-B678-4593-AC78-5179B6AECCDC_1_105_c.jpeg

650D8F5C-73E9-4243-9FA4-CD3AF6AF2D2F_1_105_c.jpeg

Previous thread can be found here:

Since then we've had a few minor issues, but nothing major. Truck has just over 60,000km on it now and gets daily driven by my wife. It's our choice for any sort of long trip due to the incredible comfort and ride quality it offers. It is an extremely relaxing vehicle to drive.

- Truck has had the front end replaced twice due to collisions. My wife ran into a Wrangler, not sure if that was in the previous thread or not. I hit a 12-point buck at about 60mph while towing the Four Wynns boat in a rural area. The truck remained drivable in both instances.

- Wheel liner (which was replaced) after the deer was rubbing on the tire at full lock. This was addressed with updated wheel liners. Common issue apparently with the wider tires on this truck.

- Tailgate would stick sometimes. This was adjusted and fixed.

- Rear window frame cracked and leaked. TSB from FCA on this, apparently a known issue (supplier problem) and replaced under warranty.

As I noted in a separate thread, the OE tires were absolute garbage. We've replaced those with Continentals and they are absolutely fantastic, no regrets with that decision over the also excellent Michelin Defender LTX. We've also upgraded the running boards to a better fitting unit sold under the RAM moniker that appear to be a powder coated aluminum.

Ultimately, even with this truck being a VERY early build DT, we are quite happy with it and have no plans on getting rid of it. In fact, given its durability, we've developed a significant fondness for it. Surviving the deer hit and remaining drivable was most definite a nod in its favour and has me respecting its ability to survive.

It recently got nailed by a branch in a storm too, lol:
View attachment 109954
View attachment 109955
Nice review. What Continentals and how are they?

Good to see your having better luck with yours (save for the bang ding ow) than I had with mine.

I echo your sentiments that it is a very nice vehicle to drive. Cruises down the road like your sitting at home on your sofa.

Ram made many improvements from the 2018 Ram 1500 (the classic) to the 2019. Made for a much nicer pickup overall, although the price went up accordingly. I had each of these assigned as a work truck, and thought the 2018 was pretty good, but really liked the 2019.

Do you have any concerns with the A/C performance? Mine received the updated HVAC box and evaporator per the TSB, but the performance is still lackluster.

This is the coldest mine gets with 100F ambient temperatures at idle. My prius and Accord are at least 5F colder.

1658958367085.png

Do you have any concerns with the A/C performance? Mine received the updated HVAC box and evaporator per the TSB, but the performance is still lackluster.

This is the coldest mine gets with 100F ambient temperatures at idle. My prius and Accord are at least 5F colder.

View attachment 109961
Being in the GWN, our demand for the A/C probably isn't like yours. We find it great, but we don't typically see temps over 100F, normally closer to 30C (86F) during the summer.

my previous ram 19' experience....
very poor a/c performance
frequent center console glitches.(elec gremlins)
cracked/leaking rear sliding window
droning when stupid mds would kick in
qc issues - scratched windshield (inside) wood steering wheel marred/scratched, non-flush doors and fenders, paint defects(hood)

my previous ram 19' experience....
very poor a/c performance
frequent center console glitches.(elec gremlins)
cracked/leaking rear sliding window
droning when stupid mds would kick in
qc issues - scratched windshield (inside) wood steering wheel marred/scratched, non-flush doors and fenders, paint defects(hood)
DS or DT?

Interesting, did you by chance get the huge screen? We intentionally went for the 8.4" screen because my buddy that owns the dealership told me that the big screens were buggy at the time (the DT had just come out).

Only issue we seem to have in common is the rear window crack/leak, which I was told was a supplier issue and we received an updated part.

Interesting, did you by chance get the huge screen? We intentionally went for the 8.4" screen because my buddy that owns the dealership told me that the big screens were buggy at the time (the DT had just come out).

Only issue we seem to have in common is the rear window crack/leak, which I was told was a supplier issue and we received an updated part.
correct the big ole 12"...I'm sure that didn't help...

The TerrainContact H/T, and they are amazing. There is a review of them in the tire section.
I had never bought Contis before; but got a deal on a set for my friend's 2019 CRV-EXL; $800 all in including alignment.
It transformed that SUV. Seriously impressive. Wisper quiet, great ride and handles like a BMW.

Now when I had to pay $370 for a screw that found its way into our Model 3 Continental Pro Contact tire, I was a little less thrilled. Ha!

i thought 2 rear axle bearings leaking + $600 parts + labor was a lot on my bought at 30 thou 2011 fronty was bad but these posts make me feel LUCKY! like the looks of newer nopars but would NEVER buy one or ANY newer 4WD land barge!!

Back