2019 RAM 1500 Alarm Going Off

Hi all,

My BIL has a '19 RAM 1500 HEMI (not sure what trim) that has its alarm randomly going off, and frequently enough that they've had to disconnect the battery to ensure a quiet night. Any insight on where he can start on troubleshooting? TIA.

Funny story; does your BIL know where all his key fobs for said vehicle are? Neighbor's cat was jumping on the kitchen counter at night and walking over some papers with a vehicle key fob under them. Her paws would hit the panic button and set off the car's horn.

Funny story; does your BIL know where all his key fobs for said vehicle are? Neighbor's cat was jumping on the kitchen counter at night and walking over some papers with a vehicle key fob under them. Her paws would hit the panic button and set off the car's horn.
Haha don't think that is what is happening, but I'll keep that in mind!

Are you sure it is not this?
Thief sets it off every night by whatever triggers alarm. Then it really starts to annoy you and your neighbors so you shut it off, then they steal it. Very common practice.
Disconnected battery works better instead of shutting off alarm.

Thanks, I was thinking hood switch too. Opening the tail gate sets off the alarm? Is that common on pickups?
On newer pickups with actual security, yes
Is it a Classic or New Style 2019?
Any aftermarket or dealer installed alarms?

Because depending on trim or options, a factory security system (besides SentryKey) is installed

Someone with a better than average scantool should be able to talk to the BCM or TIPM and see what's historically triggering the alarm event

Hope the TIPM isn't going bad 😔

Bad TIPM? That's usually what I think when I see it happening randomly with FCA products.

Back