2018 tuned VW Golf Sportwagen track use 85.2K/1.6K check Liquimoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
A v. good UOA after 2 track days with sustained 270 oil temps.

With these data, I'll keep this in for next weekend's 2-day HPDE (I added a can of MoS2) then dump it and fill with the HPL Euro 5W40 I have in the queue. Very impressed actually. It's actually possible this oil was brand new vs. the 1.6K b/c the shop installed this after the big repair last month then I had to take it back in for an oil pan leak a few days before the event (got a new aluminum oil pan to replace the composite one) and it ended up being the oil level sensor so that was replaced....they may have re-used the oil that was in or not...the TBN is awfully low for something with reusing). A few notes:
  • SiO2 is high b/c this oil was the fill after my timing chain fiasco repair so clearly seals etc. with a good bit of the engine covers etc. off for that. No worries there.
  • Fuel dilution/visocity drop actually looks fantastic vs. normal considering the beating it took and my previous results that showed visocity in the 10 range (Molygen...maybe the LLHT is more stout formulation?).
  • Great to see the elevated Al drop off now (and Fe) that the timing chain tensioner isn't wedged between the block and aluminum cover shedding shards of that into my oil and glittering up my filter!
  • Disregard the previous two samples, those were just test samples of HPL before it was changed out. The last normal OCI sample was on 8/24 and was some custom HPL Euro 5W40 David made up for me earlier this year. Note how much more Mo is in the 2 after that which are the currently Euro 5W40 formulation.

Q46980-page-001.jpg
graph.JPG

20221128_103701.jpg

_23A8966.JPG

20221105_104424.jpg

R.jpg

Last edited:
Run HPL for 5k. TBN is horrid after this mileage. WOndering where is TAN?
No clue on TAN I never have them run it....they offer it for trans fluid testing. It's lower at this mileage than any other oil I've run and could just be lab error. Either way I have gallons of HPL ready to go for next year after this comes out.

Last edited:
Here are all my data w/r to TBN etc.

Capture.JPG

Back