2018 Nissan Rogue oil filter

Next week I'm changing the oil on a neighbor's car, 6 months ago when I changed it I put in 0W20 Castrol Magnatec, with a Motorcraft filter, she has an extended warranty on it.. This past oil change, she ran about 6,000 miles. She wants to run 10,000 miles this time. So I'm thinking Castrol Edge or Mobil 1 but which filter would you recommend.

Per the Nissan owner's manual I believe the recommended oil change interval is 5000 miles. Her extended warranty will be worthless in the event of an engine mechanical problem if she doesn't have records to support that interval.

Nissan used a port injected 2.5L up until the 2020 model year. It would probably be fine up to 10K miles with a top quality oil and filter.

2021+ are direct injected. I wouldn't go past 5K miles with those regardless.

Per the Nissan owner's manual I believe the recommended oil change interval is 5000 miles. Her extended warranty will be worthless in the event of an engine mechanical problem if she doesn't have records to support that interval.

Nissan used a port injected 2.5L up until the 2020 model year. It would probably be fine up to 10K miles with a top quality oil and filter.

2021+ are direct injected. I wouldn't go past 5K miles with those regardless.
Ok I will let her know. She typically keeps receipts and writes everything down in a book.

Reactions: JTK
I have a question, how do you find out about these rebates, on other oils? If you'd be Castrol, Mobil 1, Quaker State or whatever..

Unless it’s a “easy” on oil car with a large sump, I don’t buy “extended” drains. Nissan QR25DE? I think Nissan sticks to 3750/7500mile OCIs.

I did extended drains on a Nissan Quest using Red Line and OE/Wix 51368 filters and 7K OCIs but that was 1980s engine tech before GDI/turbo/hybrid. That had a VG30 that strained to move nearly 3 tons of van around.

Unless it’s a “easy” on oil car with a large sump, I don’t buy “extended” drains. Nissan QR25DE? I think Nissan sticks to 3750/7500mile OCIs.

I did extended drains on a Nissan Quest using Red Line and OE/Wix 51368 filters and 7K OCIs but that was 1980s engine tech before GDI/turbo/hybrid. That had a VG30 that strained to move nearly 3 tons of van around.
I think she's just going to go with, the Supertech synthetic oil 5000 drain interval every 6 months.

Back