2018 Equinox hood corrosion

Last week I noticed a bubble on the lower front lip of the hood on my wife's 2018 Equinox (Pepperdust color). Took it to the dealer and they said that for some reason that only the 2018's in Pepperdust is experiencing this, and from what I gather from the body shop advisor it seems pretty common. Since the car is 4+ years old and has 47,000 miles it's out of the bumper to bumper warranty but will be covered under the corrosion warranty. They're going to replace the entire hood (it's made of aluminum which I did not know). Just curious if anyone else is having that problem.

hood02.jpg

Reactions: JTK
You did excellent if they're going to cover this with zero hassle.

I've been down this road two times. First with a Ford product, second with a Nissan, with both being just out of 3/36K warranty.

It took some persuasion and sweet talking on my part to get them to cover most of the repairs.

Ford had this exact issue on some Explorers. It was covered by the corrosion warranty. They even issued a tsb explaining proper repair procedure and how to submit the warranty claim.

So don’t pay to much attention to cars anymore but this thread did spark my memory. We have a black equinox in the shop with hood corrosion. I dunno why the OP dealer would say it’s only pepper dust color with corrosion.

Back