2016 Nissan Versa Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Anduril
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
So what's your best price on the leftover 2016 Versa Note? A really good deal on a mostly unpopular (manual shift) model may trump any other concerns. The dealer likely has some heavy incentives. Plus you'd have a new car warranty. Edmunds.com has a lengthy review of the 2016 Versa Note. Another decent option may be a Hyundai Elantra sedan, but it will be pricier.

3 dealers have an "internet price" around 12k. TrueCar claims the car "should" be around 15k for a 2017, but I'm not sure how much I believe that if there are 3 places willing to sell for 12k. Neither of us have ever bought a new car before so any tips would be appreciated.

I just bought a 2017 Elantra for 15k last month. Internet price was not the same as the price most dealerships sold it for. They included discounts I did not qualify for.

What helped was selecting a car I wanted from 3 dealerships through their website. Two emailed and one called. The one dealership that called said no way you could get a Elantra for 15k. The other one emailed back the ad from the 3rd dealership and compared them. They crunched the numbers and put it at around 17K at both dealerships. The 3rd dealership I purchased from had exactly what I wanted. I purchased on last day of month. They had money from Hyundai that allowed me to get the better deal. It was going expire.

I purchased one other vehicle new. It was a 94 B2300 Mazda pick-up. Purchased the last day of the month. I was told they would get extra incentives if sold before end of month.

This was my first new car purchase and I drove a Saturn SL2 for 13 years. I bet you could get a base model Elantra for less than 15K with a manual transmission. My car has cruise and automatic transmission, otherwise it is a base model. It does have a timing chain.

Some owners are getting 48 mpg highway. I won't see that. Too many hills around here. I was looking at some of the base offerings, but glad I paid a little more to get much more car.

What makes me scratch my head is how the subcompact discussion on here seems to gravitate to the Mitsubishi Mirage or Versa Note as if those were the only selections in the subcompact realm. I guess if somebody drives a 2002 Crown Vic and likes to pontificate about something they have no experience with then it would make sense.

Getting that little diatribe out of the way, I would make sure you wife is aware of other options. The Hyundai Accent hatch that was mentioned earlier is a very similar and IMO significantly enough better vehicle than the Note...a timing chain, 6 spd. manual, more cargo room, it ticks the right boxes. Hyundai was giving incentives on these cars recently that would put them in about the same price range.

Originally Posted By: maximus
Anyone know of a reason not to buy one?

Death trap?

I wouldn't let my spouse ride around in a car like. She should be able to find a very nice, gently used midsize at that price point.

I suppose I shouldn't "let" her ride a motorcycle either, then. She doesn't want a used car, and she doesn't want a sedan.

Sounds like her mind is made up, then.

Everyone is entitled to live as they wish, but you asked for opinions.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
One more thing: these Versa Notes bobble like [censored] on the interstate!!! A cross wind at 30mph and big rigs will keep your hands on the steering wheel, you will feel it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like these cars wander at high speeds.

Originally Posted By: Kira
A new, leftover 2015 Sonata? Was $9,990 the TOTAL price with dealer fees, taxes and DMV? Thank you, Kira

IIRC in the other thread it was mentioned that the car was an ex-rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back