2016 MB E350 - Sell or Keep?

So you just, say every 50k or so, tighten bearings on your clients’ cars? Do you use dial to set specked play in the bearing on your friend’s Merc?
Dial indicator is the proper way, but the old school method (tighten by hand w/o tool) is enough to remove any detectable play.

As to “he’s on a borrowed time” — anything specific or just a prediction with a safety cushion?
These cars don't exactly have the levels of durability that you have in mind, for a multitude of reasons.

How oil does the engine use, based on what you filled vs what it is when he come in?

No one knows. It was the factory plug.
Those plugs were in there too long. I believe they are supposed to be changed around 40k because they fire multiple times during a cycle. But many people who have gone longer have said they looked fine.

Those plugs were in there too long. I believe they are supposed to be changed around 40k because they fire multiple times during a cycle. But many people who have gone longer have said they looked fine.
I highly doubt that 100K will cause any plug to seize. Seems impossible for the metallurgy of any modern plug and cylinder head to allow this to happen. OE interval is 50 or 60K depending on the year, lots of cars use this design.

Dial indicator is the proper way, but the old school method (tighten by hand w/o tool) is enough to remove any detectable play.

These cars don't exactly have the levels of durability that you have in mind, for a multitude of reasons.

For the last one, I meant how much oil does the engine use up between oil swaps, based on what the dipstick reads when he comes over?

Back