8000 Miles Overdue for an Oil Change: Plan of Attack?

Vehicle: 2016 MB E350, M276 GDI, ~195K miles.
Oil used: Mobil 1 0W40, Mann Oil Filter
Length of Interval: 11 months and ~18,000 miles. OEM service interval is 10K

Prior to this, all oil services have been performed with a 229.5 approved oil at 10-14K mile intervals.

My plan is to:

Replace Engine oil and filter with Mobil 1 0W40 and new filter.
Add two 500ML bottles of Liqui Moly Pro-Line Engine Flush. Idle engine for 20 minutes.
Perform another oil and filter change, this time with HPL Euro 5W40. Hopefully he comes back in 10K, but he probably won't.

Any better ideas?

I would not add a "flush cleaner" right away . I would just use the HPL and dump at 5,000 miles for 3 times. Let the really dirty low hanging fruit get cleaned up slowly. Then re visit the flush idea after you have cleaned most of the engine slowly. What is left may REALLY need the flush chemicals and do less harm to the engine by releasing "The Cracken of Dirt" all at once.

I would not add a "flush cleaner" right away . I would just use the HPL and dump at 5,000 miles for 3 times. Let the really dirty low hanging fruit get cleaned up slowly. Then re visit the flush idea after you have cleaned most of the engine slowly. What is left may REALLY need the flush chemicals and do less harm to the engine by releasing "The Cracken of Dirt" all at once.
He doesn't want to come back for at least another 10K.

Run the flush on the oil that is in the car. (if you feel the need). I would just change the oil/filter, and suggest that the owner show up in, say 6,000 miles for another oil change. Even though I hate the idea of that long an interval, it probably caused no damage.

Vehicle: 2016 MB E350, M276 GDI, ~195K miles.
Oil used: Mobil 1 0W40, Mann Oil Filter
Length of Interval: 11 months and ~18,000 miles. OEM service interval is 10K
My plan is to:
Replace Engine oil and filter with Mobil 1 0W40 and new filter.
Add two 500ML bottles of Liqui Moly Pro-Line Engine Flush. Idle engine for 20 minutes.
Perform another oil and filter change, again with the above oil/filter …
Make sure the owner understands 10k is the limit
Would not turn that guy loose with an active cleaner in the motor …

With that many miles in 11 months it’s had some long runs unless it’s a taxi. I would suggest just change oil and filter and let it go.
I think I will skip the LM snake oil and just do two oil changes.

Looks like in Europe -- the interval is 25,000KM/1-yr, which is 15,625 miles. I guess he isn't as overdue as I thought.

1685483551055.jpg

(Manual is for a 204 chassis but that platform also has the 276 engine.)

Back