2016 Mazda MX-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, wanted to show our new 2016 Miata off. We've had it for about a week and half now and are really enjoying it. It is a Ceramic Metallic Club with Brembo/BBS package, manual transmission. It is the most fun to drive car we have had yet.

Only one road trip so far, but on those 224 miles we averaged just under 39 mpg of mixed interstate/back road driving.

A59A4044_zpslxkzj9pm.jpg

A59A4014_zpssiasltnd.jpg

A59A4013_zpsxs0ubmaq.jpg

A59A4082_zpsn5t2khhn.jpg

I'm thinking of getting one and moving to Florida (because NY Won't maintain it's roads)....What did that cost (approx.)??

Was looking at one of these while I was signing the paperwork on the CX-5. Great looking car, definitely a eye catching. Enjoy the ride!

Originally Posted By: pbm
I'm thinking of getting one and moving to Florida (because NY Won't maintain it's roads)....What did that cost (approx.)??

So Cal has better weather for top down driving.

Usually we don't have more than 8-10 days of rain a year, also high temp is mostly in the 70-80 more than 8-9 months, even in winter we still don't have many days below 60 day tine.

Mazda has done a good job sticking to the original formula, fun with 4 cylinders.

With most manufacturers their version of the Miata would by now be a V6, weigh a thousand pounds more and have an automatic folding hard top and no manual transmission option.

Nice ride, by the way.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Mazda has done a good job sticking to the original formula, fun with 4 cylinders.

With most manufacturers their version of the Miata would by now be a V6, weigh a thousand pounds more and have an automatic folding hard top and no manual transmission option.

Nice ride, by the way.

The size, simplicity, and function of the car were the pieces that drew us to it. Thanks!

Very nice!

I've got a black one. Just a great driving little car.

I had an "NC" model...and when I saw what the new one looked like, I knew the "ND" was a must have.

Very cool! I'm interested in the Fiat 124 (rebadged MX-5) when it comes out.

Stunning. As a former Miata owner, and now S2000, I love this type of car!

Are the brembo brakes bigger than the others?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Amazing mpg from such a fun car. Im jealous. Congrats!

Agree, 39 mpg of mixed interstate/back road driving is outstanding. The engine is probably turning at around 2000 RPM or less at 60-65 MPH.

Originally Posted By: Cujet

Are the brembo brakes bigger than the others?

The Brembo's are 4-piston units with a significantly larger pad - I don't believe the rotors are any larger however.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Amazing mpg from such a fun car. Im jealous. Congrats!

Agree, 39 mpg of mixed interstate/back road driving is outstanding. The engine is probably turning at around 2000 RPM or less at 60-65 MPH.

65-70 mph is somewhere right around 3,000 rpm. Fairly short gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back