2016 Fusion rear brake job

Nice job. Yes I will agree with others too much grease. However not too much on the hub even here in the south we see stuck rotors and it sucks.

I’m getting ready to replace the original brakes on my moms car 2017 Camry with 27,000 on it. They have 3mm left and 2/32 is the limit in my state for inspection so they have to be replaced and I’m going to do it before they tear up the rotor. Hopefully I won’t have any issues doing that. She does all stop and go to work so that’s probably why they wore out like that because my dad was surprised they didn’t make it to at least 30,000.
Come on up to the real north and you will see really rusted on drums and rotors. Being where you are, I doubt you see many rusted rotors and drums 🤣🤣🤣

Don't worry about the excess grease @michaelluscher, based on your location and mine, brakes should be serviced twice a year anyways.
This isn't his personal car and the odds of a customer coming back for a "brake service/check-up" is probably slim to none.

Another place EV and Hybrids rock … just traded a 2014 Hybrid Titanium with 157k … original brakes.
I just did the brakes on an 09 Prius - just new linings at 183K, all OEM parts were used to make a pad/shoe slap.

I'm just curious; what's to be gained by using five instead of just one?
For accuracy when checking rotor runout. Otherwise, it's not necessary.

People will say with just (1), the rotor will sit cocked on the hub but it really doesn't matter to the caliper.

For accuracy when checking rotor runout. Otherwise, it's not necessary.

People will say with just (1), the rotor will sit cocked on the hub but it really doesn't matter to the caliper.
@The Critic uses concave washers to ensure the lug nuts are making full contact with the rotors/drum, not just the thin tapered portion.

I did not have time to check runout

I just put them there to hold the rotor, and keep them from getting lost

They'll be replaced shortly, as I loathe Ford's two piece lug nut

Nice job. Yes I will agree with others too much grease. However not too much on the hub even here in the south we see stuck rotors and it sucks.

I’m getting ready to replace the original brakes on my moms car 2017 Camry with 27,000 on it. They have 3mm left and 2/32 is the limit in my state for inspection so they have to be replaced and I’m going to do it before they tear up the rotor. Hopefully I won’t have any issues doing that. She does all stop and go to work so that’s probably why they wore out like that because my dad was surprised they didn’t make it to at least 30,000.
Replace the Rotors as well, don’t just do a pad slap.

Replace the Rotors as well, don’t just do a pad slap.
Typically we run rotors for two sets of pads. I’ll check on the price of them if they want to buy them. If they are going to do it like it’s our 2004 we just replaced the originals on the front last year and the rears are still original after 280,000. Plan on replacing them next time if we can get them off the fronts would not come off with anything except a air hammer.

I see partspro necro'd this from September.....but I don't know why people assume the pathetic lugnuts are a Ford thing? In the past year I've replaced the OEM nuts on an '09 Focus (lugnuts are identical to the subject vehicle), but also a '98 Ram, '00 Ram, '01 TJ, '03 TJ and '10 JK.

It's the same story every time because the design is the same. I also keep an 18.5/19.5 flip socket and I replace with one-piece McGards from Amazon

I see partspro necro'd this from September.....but I don't know why people assume the pathetic lugnuts are a Ford thing? In the past year I've replaced the OEM nuts on an '09 Focus (lugnuts are identical to the subject vehicle), but also a '98 Ram, '00 Ram, '01 TJ, '03 TJ and '10 JK.

It's the same story every time because the design is the same. I also keep an 18.5/19.5 flip socket and I replace with one-piece McGards from Amazon
Yup, a bunch of manufacturers drank the capped lugnut Kool-Aid.

Back