2014 Nissan sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rental while my focus is in the shop. The sentra is well great for grandma's and boring folks. Interior is easy to use looks OK but kind of dated . Body is OK as well but kinda long in the tooth. The driving experience is fine but boring. Very slow handles average at best gets similar mileage as my focus but has less power and the cvt I hate absolutely hate but I have yet to find one I like. This car is very much a car for people who don't care about the driving experience. However the ac does do a very good job seats are reasonable and trunk and rear seat room is great. The stereo is average and sounds terrible up loud. Overall Imo there is so much better for not much more cash.

I rented one back in 2007. I guess that was the older body style. I actually didn't mind the CVT in it, and that was my first experience with a CVT ever. I guess things took a turn for the worse with this new Sentra.

I also rented a 2014 Altima last year. Hated the CVT in it.

That sucks. I love my versa. handles great. Great use of space. fairly peppy for how good gas mileage it gets. And not one broken or needed replacing part in 56000 km. luckily I have the auto and it shifts and preforms perfect every time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Thought it was okay....didn't handle all that well though....

That's it you can't say much terrible about it . It's not offensive it's just blah.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Econobox for point A to point B, not the ultimate driving machine.

Yeah but the focus dart cruze Mazda 3 and the elantra are all better.

That's a shame. I had a rental one back around 2004 or 2005, multiple body styles ago. Even with the AT, I recall driving that around the Pittsburgh hills and really enjoying driving it.

I guess people who care about driving experience are looking for troubles to deal with. Boring, no surprises, no excitement (positive and negative)...

I will take boring.

I am a firm believer that Nissan only exists to make money on people who cannot afford a car, yet "need" a flashy new car for the lowest possible price. Not even sure you can buy one ...

The point is - they make flashy looking cars that you can lease for not a lot of money. Who needs a big boy transmission, or who needs to even try, when people will automatically lease it because it is flashy and can be leased for $100 a month.

A coworker of mine has a 2013? I believe (new body style). I can't ride in it because the engine vibrations from the CVT causing it to lug at 1100RPM when accelerating hurts my ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back