2014 Jeep Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was buying this ghoulish creature (which I am not), I would definitely avoid the first model year since it is a Chrysler product.

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
The thing that irrates me is they used the Cherokee name. That is a historic and special name for true 4x4 vehicles with real Jeep heritage. This is not only my opinion but most Jeep fans around the country. They should have called it something else. That ugly thing is nothing like my 2000 Limited Cherokee I regrettable sold.

I hear this a lot with certain cars. I don't get it. It's just a name. Time marches forward. If the vehicle is well made, and meets my wants and needs, I'm buying. I'll buy it even if it's called the snot rocket. It's just a name.

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand lol

The thing that irrates me is they used the Cherokee name. That is a historic and special name for true 4x4 vehicles with real Jeep heritage. This is not only my opinion but most Jeep fans around the country. They should have called it something else. That ugly thing is nothing like my 2000 Limited Cherokee I regrettable sold.

I hear this a lot with certain cars. I don't get it. It's just a name. Time marches forward. If the vehicle is well made, and meets my wants and needs, I'm buying. I'll buy it even if it's called the snot rocket. It's just a name.

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand lol

That's OK. I didn't understand when it was a GTO thing either.......
wink.gif

I just read Motor Trends review of the Trail Hawk. If anyone else has read it, what is the light/camera/sensor in the front bumper? It's very obvious in the pictures, but I have no idea what it is. In the 4th photo, it's very clear.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1310_2014_jeep_cherokee_first_drive/photo_01.html

I am assuming it is associated with one or more of the following high end( Luxury Group and/or Technology Group )features...

Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
Forward Collision Warning with Crash Mitigation
LaneSense Lane Departure Warning
Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist
Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control( Headlamps use a sophisticated microprocessor that automatically and quickly adjusts high-beam brightness and intensity, depending on surrounding nighttime light sources or traffic )

I will check on the Cherokee forum for you and see. It is definitely related to one of the high end optional features as a standard Cherokee, including the TH, doesn't have that.

Last edited:
Whip;

That is part of the Forward Collision Warning with Crash Mitigation feature. It is the sensor/radar.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Whip;

That is part of the Forward Collision Warning with Crash Mitigation feature. It is the sensor/radar.

Thanks. I wonder about how vulnerable it is. Even on the highway, it seems like it would be any easy target for rocks. Being so obvious in the pictures, you'd think M/T wold have covered it.

Whip;

Thanks. I wonder about how vulnerable it is. Even on the highway, it seems like it would be any easy target for rocks. Being so obvious in the pictures, you'd think M/T wold have covered it.

The Grand Cherokee has had similar for the adaptive cruise control, since 2011. I have not read of any breakage. If you were worried, I'm sure you could apply clear Lamin-X to the lens.

Whip;

There is an argument now about what it is. 2 camps. Either it is the Forward Collision Warning sensor or it is the Adaptive Cruise Control sensor.

At least it is one of the 2 it appears.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back