2014 Jeep Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested...

1 - Order banks opened today on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee
2 - Build & price now works on the Jeep site for the 2014 Jeep Cherokee

Not the Grand Cherokee but the all new 2014 Cherokee.

I like it! I thought they delayed it because of issues with the 9 speed transmission?

looks like a cross between a cr-v, escape and new pathfinder. No thanks.

Given that the JGC has such good lines, not sure how they came up with this...

I just read about the new Cherokee in Car & Driver. The "bent" Jeep grill is an interesting departure that's sure to be controversial among Jeep fans. Even more controversial is that its base model is front-wheel-drive. Optional 4wd systems Jeepify it all the way to the point where it can be Trail Rated. This is also the first application of the ZF 9-speed automatic transmission.

Last edited:
Yikes. Another small FWD-based SUV from Jeep. How many of those things do they have now? I miss the utility of the original Cherokee.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
For anyone interested...

1 - Order banks opened today on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee
2 - Build & price now works on the Jeep site for the 2014 Jeep Cherokee

Not the Grand Cherokee but the all new 2014 Cherokee.

I think it looks just fantastic... BUT...

Transverse engine front-drive platform ala Ford Explorer = no sale. If I want a newer Jeep from now on, it'll be a Wrangler or a Grand Cherokee.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Yikes. Another small FWD-based SUV from Jeep. How many of those things do they have now? I miss the utility of the original Cherokee.

I suspect that this one will replace the two current ones (and maybe the Liberty as well). I'm not really sure how that'll go, I haven't been following it- it may have been announced already.

I do know that during the most successful period in Jeep history, there were exactly THREE models at once: XJ, YJ, ZJ, at first, then XJ, TJ, MJ. Once they started muddying the waters too much with too many 2wd versions and then FWD Jeepettes, things went down for the division.

It looks great, Somewhat like a Cayenne.

But no way does it look like a Jeep.

Reminds of those ridiculous strollers that are branded Jeep with the logo and pseudo knobby tires and have some name of current product name affixed to them.

I really dislike SUV/CUV's and yes I own one(MDX).

Something can not be both "improved" and the "same" all at once. It does seem like a fairly radical departure from traditional Jeep lines though. I can't decide if I like it but I have many years to decide ha ha.

They do have an awful lot of models that muddy the waters and are clearly aimed at non-Jeep people. It must be working they set sales records last year. As long as they keep some "real Jeeps" in the line I'm satisfied.

I love how these look in the photos, so much so that I'm thinking about getting one of these next summer. Wish it had the 3.6 instead of the new 3.2. Interested to see one in person!

I like the looks of it, as I mentioned, but that transverse engine FWD platform is the deal killer for me too. I'm with 440 Magnum on this one. That and the fact that its a first year for the 3.2L engine and the 9 speed transmission I'd wait at least a year before I'd even consider buying one.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
It looks great, Somewhat like a Cayenne.

But no way does it look like a Jeep.

How do you see any resemblance to the Cayenne?
confused2.gif

Im a Cherokee Nut. I have seen the advertisements, by accident, and Will Not Look at any pictures again,...Knowingly. Yes, even though my Beloved XJs are UniBody construction, They are some [censored] Tough ORV/Suvs.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Ugliest Jeep vehicle ever made. The front end seriously looks like a beaver.

I like beavers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back