2014 Hemi 5w-20 really needed or is it [censored] for cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 RAM no HEMI tick and the MDS is just as good currently as the GM AFM with far fewer problems. Sorry but your post looks you are just looking for a issue and found it. Congrats.

I currently have nearly 25K miles and averaging right at 20MPG with an average speed of 32MPH. I can not complain.

Originally Posted By: Gene K
The Challenger has a MDS Delete Option.

It's called a TR6060 Manual Transmission.

thumbsup2.gif
Save the Manuals!

And OP to answer your question with my opinion: It's CAFE.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They oughtta come up with a way to delete the MDS like you can the Chevys.

Why? It works fine and yields great gas mileage. It isn't problematic.

Originally Posted By: rennocneb
when i say disable i mean through the junk lifters in the trash. first thing i did with my g8 but it also had an ERL built 434inch stroker in it making 521whp on a stingy dyno on motor lol. so the whole charger thing feels like i stole grandmas luxury car and it happens to have a bit of pep

That's a bit of a whacky comparison though, I mean if you are going to compare it to some built stroker you might want to at least compare the Hellcat or something that's a bit more in that ballpark than the entry-level V8, LOL! I definitely wouldn't consider my SRT to "have a bit of pep" as keeping rubber under it is next to impossible. I've also driven a Hellcat and it has the same problem, but far worse.

My wife's car pulls well for being a stock 5.7L (350HP).

Of course this isn't a 525RWHP Fox body, where it wants to go any direction but straight, LOL! but built cars are a different animal. Stock for stock, the G8 compares pretty favourably to the SRT-8 cars given its HP/weight ratio, so I wouldn't expect the regular HEMI Charger, which is several hundred pounds heavier and down a few ponies stock to the G8 to feel comparable unless we are talking about the L76 and not the LS3.

JMHO of course
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back