2012 Honda Accord {PICS}

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new car, purchased on Wednesday. Its a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L with the upgraded K24 good for 190 HP (up from the 177 HP the other models have). I really do like it a lot, ever since I was a kid I had always like Honda Accords and had always wanted one with leather and a sunroof
wink.gif
My first car was a 1995 with leather and a sunroof, then I had the 2006 LX which is what I traded in for this 2012. I was looking at a Corolla but I feel so much more comfortable sticking with the Honda brand, specifically the Accord. This one has all the bells and whistles (minus navi) and rides very nice. White wouldn't have been my first choice but it's really growing on me! Its the single stage Taffeta White so it does need some minor work (nothing a hand polish won't handle from the looks of it) just needs some buffing out to restore the shine. I love the wheels, my last car had steely's so this is an upgrade! Disc brakes on all 4 wheels as well. The interior is well appointed with leather seats, sunroof, bluetooth, heated front seats, tinted windows, automatic dual zone climate control...etc. Its a big upgrade for me and I am enjoying the niceties. I plan on giving it an oil change (PP 0w20 / Fram Ultra) and a transmission drain and fill with Honda DW-1, as well as a P/S fluid reservoir drain and fill. Overall she is in great shape and I hope to get many many miles out of her. Right now she sits just under 33,000 miles so this is by far the lowest mileage car I have owned. Feel free to give advice / pointers on any topic concerning this generation Accord. Here are some pics!
20150809_1732191_zps113o6jb7.jpg

20150809_1732281_zps25gwjwxu.jpg

20150809_1734011_zpsfpjhwgfb.jpg

20150809_1733271_zpsihg6uqrv.jpg

20150809_1732571_zpsg2ehyqlj.jpg

20150809_1733461_zpst5pg3uhb.jpg

20150809_1733011_zpsw3h427ib.jpg

20150809_1732471_zpspiruxomv.jpg

Very very nice indeed
smile.gif

White is just sooo hard to keep clean though. But hey I guruantee you will keep it clean. I got some turtle wax spray for bugs and tar which works very well. The interior is really very nice too. You deserve it man
smile.gif
and that car will last well past 250k miles.

Gorgeous car, I see it has Michelins. Is the driving feel similar to the 06'?

I actually think white is one of the best colors to have on a car for keeping clean.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Gorgeous car, I see it has Michelins. Is the driving feel similar to the 06'?

I actually think white is one of the best colors to have on a car for keeping clean.

Yes, it does have Michelin Pilots...not sure how these rate in comparison with competition. I will keep them on as long as possible though. Compared to the 2006 it does ride firmer and handles slightly better. So firmer overall but still comfortable. Pretty much the same setup as the 2006 if I am not mistaken. Similar engine / transmission combo as well.

Originally Posted By: Kool1
Nice ride. Do you still have some factory warranty remaining?
Yes, 2 more years on the powertrain.

Nice color inside and out, easy to keep clean and cool in hot Florida summer.

One thing I felt intimidated is the many buttons on the dash. My E430 has about half that many buttons and I still hate to change any setting while driving.

The color combination is great. I love the light color interior, makes it a nice and airy place to be

Nice looking ride! Tafetta White looks great but isn't one of Honda's most robust paints. Regular detailing and parking in the shade should keep it tip-top, though.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Nice color inside and out, easy to keep clean and cool in hot Florida summer.

One thing I felt intimidated is the many buttons on the dash. My E430 has about half that many buttons and I still hate to change any setting while driving.

The auto journalists like to knock this generation for all the buttons on the dash, but really....its not bad at all. Easy to use, I got familiar with it in a very short amount of time.

Greg, you bought the right color combination. I've owned a number of cars in white over light tan, and it's my favorite color combo available. In my experience, white is one of the easier colors to keep clean. And a light color interior makes it feel more open and airy than a cold grey or black.

I'd change out all of the fluids now, as you plan, and then again at 50k miles to get on a regular rotation. This is what I would do with a FWD Honda:

Every 5k: oil change/rotate tires
Every 25k: D&F transmission/D&F power steering
Every 50k: D&F engine coolant

And I'd do those things on those mileage intervals, to make it easy to remember. Do them now as you plan, then do them again at 50k to get on that interval (then again at 75k, then again at 100k, etc).

Good looking ride!

I'm in agreement with your maintenance plan. D&F everything you can for to start. At least then you'll know how old and what fluids are in there.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Agreed. Having owned a few different colors, I'd say silver and white are the easiest to keep looking clean. Black is the worst.

Thanks everyone! I do like the interior color as well. I test drove a 2011 Accord EX and it had the polished metal metallic exterior with the black interior...I like the beige interior so much more! Thats what my 2006 had also. As others have said, I do plan on changing out all the fluids to have a fresh start.

Looks great. I had a CR-V in Taffeta and it's a great color. Don't be scared just keep it clean and waxed. The FL sun can take the gloss off (my CR-V was also a FL car).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back