2012 Civic is it a bad idea to buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

Yeah nothing is perfect. They just seem like good cheap little cars if you don't want to spend a lot of money.

I don't really care for Honda's though I find them cheap. I was driving my friends mint 20k mile 2001 Accord the other day and they thing struggles at 70 to pass or go. Its also plastic fantastic inside. Just not my kind of car, I'd never buy one, I'll stick with Mercedes, and GM trucks.

He should have it looked at then, because there's obviously something wrong with it.
33.gif

No nothing wrong with it, just what 130hp in a 3300 pound car?

To pass at 70 you have to beat the tranny with a stick to get a downshift, and than the motor screams a bit and you go forward.

Last edited:

To pass at 70 you have to beat the tranny with a stick to get a downshift, and than the motor screams a bit and you go forward.

I believe the output of the R18 is unchanged for 2012 at 140.
Passing on the highway with the manual trans is fine.. I can easily pass people in 3rd gear (tall gears too)

Have you even driven a late model Civic? They aren't slow by any stretch of the imagination. And they are nowhere near 3300 pounds, more like 2800.

My sister just purchased a 2012 Civic Coupe. I'm impressed with the car. Everything is refined on it from the previous models. My G/F's vehicle is a 2007 Civic Coupe also, no problems with that one either at almost 70k miles now.

An improvement is the dash does not reflect in the glass at night with the digital speedometer. I would suggest to do a night time test drive to see how the dash looks in the dark.

The 2012 version features the i-MID LCD upgrade for the stereo and engine/driving display system. The bluetooth interface with that is really sweet for a Civic. We broke the engine in very well since she drove it off the lot with only 9 miles. She used the ECON button on her way back home +400 miles, allowed her to average at 40 MPG.

So I think these 4 cylinder Honda motors are solid. I have had no major mechanical issues with mine, see signature. Plus it survived a front end crash.

I'd say go for it if the deal is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back