2011 Subaru Impreza - Front Stabilizer-Bar End Links

I'm planning to change out the knocking front stabilizer-bar end links in my friend's 2011 Subaru Impreza. The existing worn-out ones have grease fittings, and so must be aftermarket.

Here are the offerings from Rock Auto:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...2.5l+h4,1447459,suspension,sway+bar+link,7580

Quite the variation in price! If it were my car, I'd likely go for the AC Delco, but unfortunately they're the most expensive.

Are any of the cheapies good enough to last, say, five years? Thanks.

MOOG K750049 or bust. Easier to install, better made, and greasable.

Tip for installation: remove both old links completely, then install the new parts onto the BAR first. Then, lower the bar and guide the links into the mounts on the control arms.
I installed the equivalent in another friend's Sonic after you recommended them. So far so good, and I'll remind him to add grease regularly - probably Spring and Fall, during seasonal tire changes.

Noy sure my friend with the Subie wants to have to do maintenance on them though.

Just say no to grease zerks on regular passenger cars.
I think they're fine as long as they aren't neglected. These ones on the Subaru wouldn't take grease. My friend (who has only had the car a couple of years) didn't realize the end links had grease fittings.

The ball joints on Jr's Kia van wore out - I was surprised to find that they were equipped with zerks, which were hard to see unless you knew they were there. Aftermarket LCAs.

But my other friend's Sonic ate several sets of stabilizer bar end links (one set replaced by the dealer under warranty, one set replaced by Midas, and one or two sets replaced by me) before I finally installed a greaseable one on the driver's side - @14Accent's recommendation, and so far, so good. Worth the hassle if it lasts!

Rock Auto doesn't carry them, but CTR is the best brand to use. Instead of that stupid hex key that strips, they use a nut on the other end.

MOOG K750049 or bust. Easier to install, better made, and greasable.

Tip for installation: remove both old links completely, then install the new parts onto the BAR first. Then, lower the bar and guide the links into the mounts on the control arms.
I used Moogs on my Outback’s Whiteline sway bars. Not the prettiest deals, but they work. Plus, like 14Accent says, greaseable. I filled mine with Schaefer’s 238 moly grease, and they are still silent and working for the guy I sold the car to nearly 2 years ago.

Back