As some of you may have read in the Vehicles Section, I am helping my friend shop for a new car. She has decided on a 2010 Mazda 3i Touring Automatic in Graphite/Black. The only option she wants is the Moonroof/Bose package. MSRP on the car she wants is $20,495 and I've been getting quotes between $18,800 to $19,200 + Tax, Title and License. Today, I spoke with a dealer that I had previously requested a quote from. While the salesman no longer had the car that my friend wanted, he did have a car that just came off the truck and matches the color combination that my friend is looking for. However, this car has Sirius Satellite Radio and Wheel Locks in addition to the options that my friend wants. So, the MSRP of this car is $20,975 due to the additional options. I told him that I do not want the additional options, but he insisted on selling me what he had on his lot. He told me that he'd go straight to his General Manager and get me a great deal. I gave him the go ahead and waited to see what he'd bring back. Two hours later, I get an e-mail with the following info: MSRP: $20,975 Invoice: $19,524 Offer: $18,307 + TTL. Out-the-door price: $20,477.05 (includes 9.75% sales tax, $55 doc fee, $8.75 tire fee and $321.37 title) I think this is a decent deal for the following reasons: 1) Even if I wait until the end of the month, I doubt the price will decrease by more than $200. 2) My friend wants a specific color combination. In addition, she wants a car that's new-- not one with 50 miles on it. Since inventory is low for this particular color and option combination, I fear that by the end of the month, I may not be able to find a car at a good price that will satisfy her price, color, option and mileage preferences. 3) This deal is $1217 below invoice. The lowest price that I have seen on the Edmunds Prices Paid forum is $1184 under invoice. Most transactions for this car are currently at $500 under invoice. 4) Someone will always get a better deal than me. However, I think the offer that I have is within $200 of the best price that anyone will get. And a few hundred bucks is insignificant for such a large transaction, right? 5) I want a smooth transaction. This must be done right the first time. I am doing the negotiations remotely-- I do not want my friend to get screwed when she goes in to sign the papers. If I find a salesman that I am comfortable with, even if my friend does pay a few hundred bucks more, it is worth it for a positive experience. In other words, I don't want my friend to get screwed by some weasel just because I tried to save her an additional $100. Personally, I think this is a good deal for the reasons that I outlined above. Therefore, I told the salesman to get the car PDI-ed and my friend will pick it up tomorrow afternoon. And most importantly, my friend is happy with the price. On the other hand, some of my friends think I'm nuts and I'll save a few hundred more bucks if I wait until the end of the month. What do you guys think? Thanks.