2009 Final Truck sales numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the final truck sales numbers as posted on Edmunds.com
#1. Ford 413,625 (down 19.8% over '08)
34.gif

#2. Chev Silv. 316,544 (down 32.1% over '08)
#3. Dodge Ram 177,268 (down 27.9% over '08)
#4. GMC Sierra 111,252 (down 34% over '08)
#5. Toyota Tundra 79,385
crackmeup2.gif
(down 42.2% over '08)
#6. Nissan Tundra 19,042 (down 44.1% over '08)
Well I say kudo's to Ford and I guess it's pretty hard to knock off the F150. What say you import kool aid drinkers?

I would not bash the import trucks, or GM trucks, but I do maintain that the F-150 and Super Duty trucks in general have been at the top of their game in terms of quality, versatility, and value (I have driven, worked on, used for work, old and new F-series trucks) for EVER.

AND the 2010-2011 F-series lineup is better than EVER! Ford is making a truly great product in their trucks.

GM is number one again in total sales for trucks. If they added the HD trucks that would bump the numbers up even more.

Bill

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
316,544 + 111,252 still beats 413,625.... and has for years and years and years.

...by less than 3%, by a company that is in the red and may never recover.

I have used the GM trucks for work, too, but they just aren't the work tool that the F-series is.

Originally Posted By: Kaboomba
316,544 + 111,252 still beats 413,625.... and has for years and years and years.

I have used the GM trucks for work, too, but they just aren't the work tool that the F-series is.

Doesn't mean much, but I have hope for GM. Anyway not to hijack the thread. Ford will probably do even better once they replace the weak 5.4L with the 3.5L V6, the Ecoboost V6, and the 5.0L V8.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
GM is number one again in total sales for trucks. If they added the HD trucks that would bump the numbers up even more.

Bill

Those numbers INCLUDE heavy duty models for Ford and GM. While I agree that GM beat Ford if you include GMC it is still a separate division and nameplate so it's a gray area. My post was not to bash any model but to point out that the domestics still do trucks the best. It is a market I think the imports will never crack. The current Tundra was introduced in 2007 and that was it's best year, 196,555 sales, but it has free fallen since. Guess all those commercials didn't work.

Last edited:
Not to mention the 415 hp 6.2l 2valve coming this spring in the Super Duty and soon followed in the 150. That should pretty much settle the horsepower wars.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: SAJEFFC
What say you import kool aid drinkers?

Seems a bit hypocritical when you're the first one to fling the feces, no?

I think the whole concept of direct-injected & boosted engines (regardless who makes them, but right now Ford is in the lead with EcoBoost on tap soon) is great for the work truck segment of the market--it means that the ooomph you need is available across a larger RPM and speed range than ever before, with fuel savings to boot. Very cool.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
I dunno I like the idea of the 5.0L DOHC 412HP, or the 370HP+ Ecoboost V6.
I know right? choices choices....lets see....how much over 300 hp do we want in the new truck honey?
lol.gif
I admit i'm a Ford fan and I don't ever remember this many all new engines coming out all at once, especially since every one is a big hp jump.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
What say you import kool aid drinkers?

Seems a bit hypocritical when you're the first one to fling the feces, no?
Why yes it does. Touch`e

I dunno I like the idea of the 5.0L DOHC 412HP, or the 370HP+ Ecoboost V6.
I know right? choices choices....lets see....how much over 300 hp do we want in the new truck honey?
lol.gif
I admit i'm a Ford fan and I don't ever remember this many all new engines coming out all at once, especially since every one is a big hp jump.

Not 100% sure on these figures but...

3.7L Duratec V6: 305HP/280lb/ft
3.5L Ecoboost V6: 400HP/400lb/ft
5.0L Coyote DOHC V8: 400HP/400lb/ft
6.2L OHV (BOSS V8 for SVT raptor): 411HP/
And they all get a 6-speed Automatic Transmission.
Even the lowest end V6 puts out almost as much power as the current 5.4L V8. And all will get improved fuel economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doesn't mean much, but I have hope for GM. Anyway not to hijack the thread. Ford will probably do even better once they replace the weak 5.4L with the 3.5L V6, the Ecoboost V6, and the 5.0L V8.

I have nothing against GM, and I happen to like some of their products a lot. We know the real problem.

It will be a fine day when the EcoBoost revolution is in place for work trucks!

I think one factor for Ford is that many companys and local goverments use them as a fleet truck and buy them in bulk. I know where I work we got about 5 new F150s.

Originally Posted By: kevco
I think one factor for Ford is that many companys and local goverments use them as a fleet truck and buy them in bulk. I know where I work we got about 5 new F150s.
That's true. I'm sure there is a reason. You should look around for Florida Power Super Duty's with a very quiet diesel. They are field testing the new 6.7 diesel for Ford. Haliburton has some to beat on also.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

crackmeup2.gif

WHat are you laughing at?

Last edited by a moderator:

I know this sounds strange, and you may even say it's not true. But I swear it is.

My father has driven GMC trucks personally and for his business for the last fourty years. If they shut down GMC Truck, he'll never buy a Chevy, he'll be straight to the Ford dealer. We've talked about it many times and he understands perfectly the illogic it employs, but there it is. I'm hoping they do shut down GMC Truck division and go Chevy only, that way he'll get into a Ford like I've been working on him to do for twenty years....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back