2009 Final Truck sales numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've really liked my Silverado, but it does have some issues. I've tried to address many of those myself and I believe it's a well-built truck. I don't really have any preference over one brand though. Personally I hope my truck gives me 20+ years of service and I don't need to go shopping for another one.

Since we're all talking about different brands, I personally like the look of the new Rams. The interiors are really nice to look at as well. Fords have always looked great to me, but the ride is terrible. If I wanted to be jolted around, I'd have kept my old beater Mazda.

I don't like the "truck wars" attitude alot of people have. I don't really purchase a truck to get into a [censored] match. I purchased one because I use one, pretty much that's it. I'm a truck guy, they're good to drive, and I don't like driving much else.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

'87 F-150 I6 as a "drive around the park" truck
???????????????????
It ran like [censored], but I don't recall anything ever actually breaking on it.....

Oh yeah. Something about that 1986-1988 bunch makes them diehard almost to a fault!

When I worked for a landscaping co, I occasionally drove a 1986 F250 4WD with a 351 Cleveland HO, 180K+ mi. It had rattles because the engine and running gear was tight as a drum and it rode like a brick! It had torque and power to spare, could burn rubber and probably push trees over--I never tried that, though.

Going from the 1989 Silverado 2WD to that old F250 was like going from an old cow to a #&%^*!@ angry bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back