2009 Final Truck sales numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HARTZSKY
If you look at consumer reports, the Ford 150 has been very reliable across the board in almost every category, Chevy was ok but no where near Ford. The Canyon and Colorado just were not GM and Chevy's best effort, two real headscratchers.

I would not want to bank any discussion on Consumer Reports.

Not a very reliable source IMO. Very biased

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

The only reason it is biased is because you do not agree with it.

I don't put much stock in CR anymore. Once they were really good but in the last few years I think they have slipped. As for the pickups Chevy vs Ford...I like the Ford styling better. So, If I have to lok at it everyday...I have to like it.

Originally Posted By: FORD4LIFE

The only reason it is biased is because you do not agree with it.

Coming from someone called Ford4life you should talk.
crackmeup2.gif
smirk2.gif

CR is a VERY biased organization. A lot of their testing "data" is very slanted due to certain agenda in their mindset. It has been proven time and time again. Just like NBC and their testing of fuel tanks. I'm sure since it was a GM product you had no problems with their "test".

If it was the "better" brand of Ford even though it had the same results you would have cried bloody murder.

None of my Chevys (and I've owned a few now) almost burnt down my house like my Ford did (and I only owned Fords before that)

But hey, I know what I beleive. I don't go around spewing only one brand is the best.

Because it is NOT.

Have a nice day....

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
It is bias if they dont like your favorite car.... But if they do..... Yup they are right I agree.....bla bla bla..

I'm not talking just about cars. I'm talking about CR.
33.gif

It is bias if they dont like your favorite car.... But if they do..... Yup they are right I agree.....bla bla bla..

I'm not talking just about cars. I'm talking about CR.
33.gif

That is correct Bill. I think that other guy might have lost his mind.

CR ratings (and every other quality survey) are based on people voluntarily taking the survey.

I think the results show some tendencies for MFRs, but I don't think they are the gospel truth.

So that leaves us with CR subjective ratings. What I look for in a vehicle is a lot different than what they look for. Just as what I look for is a lot different than what many of you look for. Thank god we have choices.

I place a lot more value into CR reviews of things like appliances, e.g. washing machines.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: H2GURU
Up here in the Northeast Ford may be the sales leader but as far as 15 to 20 year old trucks still on the road all I see are GMs with a few Toyotas sprinkled in so I'd like to see those numbers as well?

Around here we have tons of 15-20 year and older Fords on the roads.

+1

Down here in Miami there are tons of 15-20 year old Ford trucks on the road and they running just fine with no issues.

Same here, my E-150 is from 1988 and still running and looking great. I see lots of old Ford trucks on the road where I live.

Sure you do they are alll over here......on the side of the road waiting for AAA to show up....

I feel very sorry for you dude. But since this is the only enjoyment you get out of life enjoy yourself.

Sure you do they are alll over here......on the side of the road waiting for AAA to show up....

Watch you don't get pancaked by an Excursion looking for those trucks on the side of the road........

In over all tests scores of full size pickups, the Avalanche ranked best in there test scores,(this test has nothing to do with reliability) but that can't be true seeing they are so biased.
33.gif
54.gif

Last edited:

Dude, you have issues.

Man another useless thread. Looking at the sale numbers and longevity of both Ford and GM trucks I would say they both make good trucks. I have owned both. I pefer GM stuff, because that is what I am used too. At work (I work for the government) We have both Ford and GM, they just got a bunch of new Fords, both are pretty good and the guys that maintain them say they both have their problems but nothing major considering the hammering they take. the joke is 50,000 goveernment miles is like 150,000 normal people miles...LOL.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Watch you don't get pancaked by an Excursion looking for those trucks on the side of the road........

Hey OVERKILL remember wafedrick1?...I really think rzappa1 is his long lost twin brother
lol.gif
cause neither of them ever made any sense.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Hey OVERKILL remember wafedrick1?...I really think rzappa1 is his long lost twin brother
lol.gif
cause neither of them ever made any sense.

It only didn't make sense because we didn't hear it from his Jasper rep direct, like he did! lol
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back