2009 Chevy Cobalt LT P150c TCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother has a 2009 Cobalt with the 2.2 and 4-speed auto (4T45E). Had issues for several weeks now. Transmission doesn't know how to shift suddenly (becomes undrivable essentially). He pulls over and shuts it down and sometimes would disconnect the battery and it would behave for another week. It got worse and he had the TCM replaced at a transmission shop two weeks ago and it was fine again. It had never been good for as long as two weeks before that. It has started misbehaving again the last couple days (interrupting a couple trips). Had it scanned today and the code was P150C. Did he get a bad TCM? Bad programming when it was replaced? Something different altogether? Thanks!

Is that one of those late model GM's in which the battery will start the car just fine, but cause other issues while the car is running such as his maybe?
I've heard of some Chevy Cruzes wanting a battery in tip top shape.

Good point, battery is fairly new actually. What are the odds of the battery not being perfect for the car still?

P150C is for Engine Speed Request Error.
The way I'm reading the Descriptor is......The ECM monitors RPM signal requests signals from the TCM, If an error is present.....P150C sets.
Clear DTC, Perform drive cycle. If ONLY P150C sets/returns......Replace TCM.

**All nice & neat for 3 year old cars in a dealership service bay**

Was DTC P150C the reason the TCM was replaced?

Look carefully over the entire car/battery connections/underhood harnesses & connections!
Check the TCM for U1000 communication codes!

A bad Operating System/Calibration would give symptoms immediately.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! There is also a u0073 code as well at the moment. Not sure what codes were present previous to TCM replacement. I will double-check.

Balts seem to famous for battery issues...

Even mine can be flaky at times...

Current battery is a gold from AA...

Put the battery on an overnight charger and bring it up to full?

Originally Posted By: Blang
Thanks for the info! There is also a u0073 code as well at the moment. Not sure what codes were present previous to TCM replacement. I will double-check.

Which Module set U0073? Any module on the "GMLAN" high speed BUS can set this code (BCM/ECM/TCM/EBCM)

Good question. Seems it would be the TCM in this case. Seems to be a common issue with these. My brother's research is leading to possible ground issues with the TCM, but gotta look closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back