2009 Acura TL SH-Awd with Tech Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMUNN, that's a very nice looking TL. That should be setting in my garage.

welcome2.gif
to BITOG

RDMUNN, I love the RED color on this car. I have the Mayan Bronze with umber interior and its painted just like yours is. I also have the body skirts and the front stance looks mean. You should get them too, will go really nice with your wheels.

I have had more compliments on this car then any other car I have ever owned. Every time someone gives me a compliment, I smile and say, geez you know what if you read the reviews of this car, I would never have thought they would like it. EVERY review I have read on this car has a negative comment about the front shield.

The best part about this car is the all wheel drive, the car knows how to stay glued on the road. Nothing like hugging corners doing 60mph and enjoying it. A blast to drive!!

What's really under rated in this car is the stereo system that comes with the tech package. The BEST factory sound system I have ever heard and I come from the Mark Levinson sound system in the Lexus. Edmunds did a review on this and they chose the TL's system as the best too.

The other great thing about this car, it has absolutely no first year gremlins or rattles in the 6 months I have had this car.

Enjoy yours and it sure looks great! Love the red with gold emblems!

I talked to a lady at work who has owned a 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and now 4th gen TL. She prefers the 4th gen. Even her daughter drives a 3rd gen like mine to work. Definately an Acura family.

Hopefully I have a long time until mine needs replacing because I hate new car shopping.

It's good to hear they got rid of the rattles. Mine went away for a year but now I'm getting some of the same ones back. It doesn't help that I'm running 1,500 watts to the subs but they're mostly an SQ setup so I don't use much of the power except rare occasions.

I like the color of that the OP's TL and the interior color. I would prefer blue, like my 3G TL but that Mayan color isn't that bad. Add some tint, perform the rhinoplasty posted above and it would look pretty nice.

The 4G still has to grow on me for a bit. At this point, my TL's replacement would be the TSX V6.

Last edited:
That looks like a Ron Jon grille. It does look good but I think the middle bar makes it look like cheap plastic. If they just get rid of the bar and leave the Acura emblem by itself, it would look cleaner, imo.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I talked to a lady at work who has owned a 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and now 4th gen TL. She prefers the 4th gen. Even her daughter drives a 3rd gen like mine to work. Definately an Acura family.

Hopefully I have a long time until mine needs replacing because I hate new car shopping.

It's good to hear they got rid of the rattles. Mine went away for a year but now I'm getting some of the same ones back. It doesn't help that I'm running 1,500 watts to the subs but they're mostly an SQ setup so I don't use much of the power except rare occasions.

My sister bought the first year 3rd Generation TL and she had really bad problems with rattles but the dealer(clair acura)did an awesome job solving all of them. Then they sold the dealership to Prime Group and their staff according to her is not that great. Even she concedes that my car is hands down better. As much flak I have seen online about the new TL, I have people complimenting me all the time. I have had atleast 3 guys in the 6 months of owning it motion me to roll down my windows at a red light to ask me questions about the car. My car is not pimped out either. Just the rhinoplasty.

Do you still have the OEM battery? I will say if there is one thing I hate about this car is the battery, it is WEAK. I have been in the car dabbling with the stereo system and literally drained the battery within 1/2 hour. Never ever have I had this problem. You are running 1500 Watts, that is baller status in that car!

One of the first things I did in this car is put some Dynamat in the rear deck, hood, dash, doors and trunk. I have a feeling that has helped with the rattles. I still have my steering wheel squeak going over bumps so have to work on that. Seems like lubrication issue. Rattles are one of my biggest pet peeves and it drives me nuts. I hope you figure yours out again. Does the sub lead to rattles? I would think so with the vibrations created by the monstor of a sound system you have!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: BrianWC
He gets jitters everytime he goes to pull the trigger, though.

What's causing them?

Brother finally got a new Acura other day but went for the TSX over the TL. They offered him a loaded 09 that was still on the lot for $28k so he couldn't pass it up. He bought it 2 weeks ago and still calls me daily to tell me about something new he's discovered about it. I just tell him to pay attention to the road.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
He gets jitters everytime he goes to pull the trigger, though.

What's causing them?

Brother finally got a new Acura other day but went for the TSX over the TL. They offered him a loaded 09 that was still on the lot for $28k so he couldn't pass it up. He bought it 2 weeks ago and still calls me daily to tell me about something new he's discovered about it. I just tell him to pay attention to the road.

TSX's are nice and a blast to drive, so congrats to your brother! Did he get a 2010 V6 because that would be an incredible deal. I test drove it and was a great car to drive but the Sh-awd in the TL sucked me in to but that instead.

Nah, he wasn't really thinking of TSX's but they had an 09 2.4l that they were trying to give away so he bit. Yeah, I bet the 6 is a blast in that car.

Nah, he wasn't really thinking of TSX's but they had an 09 2.4l that they were trying to give away so he bit. Yeah, I bet the 6 is a blast in that car.

Not only is the V6 a blast to drive but it actually feels faster than my TL because its so much lighter. I also drove a 6 speed manual 2010 TL and I am really kicking myself for not waiting to get the manual. I love the 2009 TSX's. The 2009 TSX's are about the same size as the last generation 2004-2008 TL's. Great car and the sound of the engine is suhweet when driven hard. Some reason it reminds me of the WRX's

Originally Posted By: deven
That looks like a Ron Jon grille. It does look good but I think the middle bar makes it look like cheap plastic. If they just get rid of the bar and leave the Acura emblem by itself, it would look cleaner, imo.

Indeed it is! I really want the 4G TL SH-AWD wheels on my TL. Pity the bolt pattern changed.

The styling of this car is ahead of it's time. Personally I think it's gorgeous. People who don't like it just haven't seen anything like it before, I'm sure it will grow with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back